Chapter Eighteen: Christmas Day

“Mama, Papa… Papá Noel has been,” Peyton cried rushing into her parents’ room, she jumped on their bed excitedly as Lionel groaned and pulled his pillow over his head as Rosalie smiled and sat up and looked at their daughter.

“Has he? You must have been good this year,” Rosalie said thoughtfully as she climbed out of bed, Peyton nodded her head excitedly as she moved to jump up and down on the bed making Lionel grown as he pulled the pillow from his head.

“I was,” Peyton said as Rosalie headed for the bathroom, the little girl squealed as Lionel wrapped his arms around her and stopped her from jumping; he pressed a kiss to her head as he held her close for a moment before he set her down on the floor.

“Why don’t you go and get dressed? Then I’ll make us some breakfast,” Lionel said making Peyton nod excitedly before she scurried out of the bedroom making her father chuckle as he shook his head as he headed into the bathroom where Rosalie was brushing her teeth.

“Feliz Navidad,” Lionel said as he wrapped his arms around his wife, he kissed her cheek making her smile as she finished brushing her feet and turned to face him; she kissed his lips softly knowing that whatever had bothered him last night was still on his mind and it made her wondered what he had heard.

“Feliz Navidad,” Rosalie replied wrapping her arms around his neck, she pecked his lips again making Lionel smile as he held her close for a moment; they knew that they wouldn’t have much time to themselves especially with their parents being there.

***

“Gracias mama,” Peyton said kissing her mother’s cheek, she smiled at her sweetly before she moved back to continue unwrapping her presents; Rosalie smiled as she continued to help Thiago with his presents.

Lionel settled down on the couch next to her and lifted his son onto his lap, he had yet to tell Rosalie what he had planned for their home and it made him a little nervous.

“Papa what did you get mama?” Peyton asked curiously making her father smile and shake his head, he wasn’t going to reveal his plans yet since he wanted to tell Rosalie about what he had planned.

Lionel had gotten her a couple of small gifts but had kept the house renovation to himself until later.

Rosalie looked at her husband, she was curious about what he had up his sleeve since she knew that he had something big planned; they had been talking about expanding their home but nothing had come of it.

Claudia sipped on her coffee as she watched her grandchildren as she thought about her talk with Jorge the day before; she knew that it wasn’t fair that she hadn’t told Rosalie how she had felt but she didn’t want to lose her daughter.

Jorge had become distant from her since she had confessed to thinking that her daughter’s the marriage wouldn’t last; he was annoyed that no one thought that this would work out.

Rosalie was wearing a blue maternity crochet shoulder jumper and maternity skinny jeans with stretch waistband paired with white leather flat shoes; she was completely unaware of the tension that lay in the room and the fact that her own parents didn’t like her marriage.

Lionel swallowed knowing that when he told his wife what he had overheard the night before from her mother that it might push her to do something that he didn’t want her to do.

“So what is the plan for today?” Claudia asked looking at her daughter, she knew that she would have to talk to her before she headed back to Argentina but right now she was happy to enjoy time with Rosalie and the children.

The blonde glanced at her mother as she messed with her wedding ring, she leant against Lionel knowing that there was something unsettled him.

“Well… we usually open up all the gifts together before we have dinner and then watch some holiday movies,” Rosalie said shrugging, she knew that it sounded so simple but that was what she enjoyed about her marriage to Lionel; he might be the world’s best footballer but he was completely normal when he came home to her and their children.

Claudia nodded her head as she glanced at Peyton who had turned her attention to playing with her new toys as Thiago was set on the ground to play with his own.

Rosalie allowed Lionel to move away from her slightly making the blonde tilt her head curiously; she smiled softly as he produced a small box wrapped in Christmas paper and passed it to her.

“Leo,” Rosalie said shaking her head as she took the box from him, he had already given her a couple of her main gifts which had included a couple of new books to add to her collection.

Rosalie carefully unwrapped the box and opened it to reveal an 18k gold loving heart bracelet; she smiled softly before giving her husband a kiss on the lips.

“You didn’t have to,” Rosalie said as Lionel carefully took it from her and helped her put it on her right hand as he kissed her lips; he ignored Claudia knowing that he would have to talk to her later on about what she had said to his father.

“I feel horrible now…” Rosalie joked shaking her head, she had gotten Lionel a couple of small gifts such as a new watch, a bottle of aftershave, a new top as well as some cufflinks.

Lionel chuckled and kissed her lips knowing that now would be the perfect time to tell her about his plans; he brushed some hair from her face as he prepared to tell her what he had done.

“There’s something else… you know how we have been talking about renovating the house? Well I’ve arranged for it to happen, the plans are up in my study,” Lionel revealed making Rosalie stare at him speechless, she bit her lip as she tried to wrap her head around what he had just said; Lionel shifted knowing that he had taken her by surprise.

“And that’s not all… I’ve bought us a house back in Rosario, Argentina,” Lionel said taking his wife’s hand, he knew that this was a little much but he wanted to be able to go back to Argentina in the summer with the children; it was a part of both of their parents even if the children had been born in Spain.

“Leo you didn’t have to do all of this,” Rosalie said softly she ignored the look on her mother’s face as she kissed her husband passionately; she didn’t care what Claudia thought, she was happy and that was all that mattered to her.

“We’ll have to move to the apartment while the renovating is being done,” Lionel said making Rosalie nod her head, she had a feeling that he had taken in what she had talked about when they had discussed what they wanted done with their home.

Rosalie wrapped her arms around Lionel and kissed him again, she couldn’t believe that he had organised this; with the baby coming in a couple of months’ time that the house needed to be ready before then.

Lionel pulled back from his wife and looked at Claudia, he could tell that she wasn’t pleased that he had done this and he had a feeling that their talk wasn’t going to end well.