16

I was sitting on a bench on campus, waiting for Mike and Mona to come pick me up.
Namjoon was sitting next to me. I had told him they were picking me up today. He was trying not to show that he was jealous, but failing miserably.
      "So, Mona is gonna be there too,right?" He asked.
      "Yes, I've told you a million times. They're just taking me home." I said, starting to get annoyed.

   The car pulled up in front of me.
Except, I couldn't see Mona in it.
     "Hey, where's Mona at?" I asked.
  "She had a headache and didn't feel like coming." Mike explained.

   Namjoon gave me a worried look.
    "Call me when you get home, babe." He cupped my face and kissed me passionately, embarrassing me.
     I pulled away from him and gave him a stern look.
      We drove away without saying goodbye.

    "So.. that boyfriend of yours seems really into you." Mike chuckled as he drove.
    "Yeah, it can be sorta annoying sometimes. He's a little possessive." I told him.
    Mike nodded understandingly.
     "Yeah, I noticed when he kissed you before you left." He said.
      "That was so embarrassing!" I shouted, "He only did that to show off to you or something."
     "Really? He's jealous of me?" He asked.
    "Yeah! It's starting to make me mad. I just wanna hang out with my friends without him freaking out over it!" I complained.
     "That sounds like it sucks. I'm sorry." He said sympathetically.
       "It's okay, it's not your possessive boyfriend you have to deal with." I sighed.

    Not much later, we arrived to our street.
    He parked in his garage.
    "Thanks for the ride!" I told him.
  "Anytime!" He smiled.

   I waved as I walked over to my house.
My phone was blowing up with texts from Namjoon.

Joonie ❤️❤️: Are you home?
Joonie ❤️❤️: Did you and Mike stop anywhere on the way?
Joonie ❤️❤️: please text back :(

I walked up to my room and called his number.
    He answered immediately.
       "Hi baby! You get home okay?" Namjoon asked.
       "Yeah, I'm good." I told him.
    "What did you and Mike talk about on the way home?"
     "Why do you care?" I asked in an annoyed tone.
     "I just wanna know!"
      "Fine, we talked about how embarrassing it was when you kissed me before I left." I shouted into the phone.
    "I was just kissing you goodbye! I was trying to be a good boyfriend!" He protested.
    "No you weren't! You just wanted to show off to Mike because you're jealous!" I yelled.
    "Fine, I'm jealous. I don't want you hanging out with him anymore." He told me.
   "You can't control me, Namjoon!" I screamed and hung up the phone.

   I flung my face into my pillow and began sobbing.

   Was my first love coming to an end? I cared about Namjoon a lot, and I didn't want this to end. I just wish he wouldn't be so jealous.