23

It was the first day of summer break.

Namjoon, Leyla, Yoongi, Jimin, Hoseok, Seokjin, Jungkook, Taehyung, and I were at the pizza place Hoseok worked at.
We were having a little party to celebrate the end of the school year.

"Congratulations to Jin Hyung for graduating!" Jungkook exclaimed, popping a balloon over Seokjin's head.

"And congratulations to y/n for surviving her freshman year!" Jin cheered.

  "But I didn't do anything!" I giggled.

  "You dealt with Namjoon the whole school year." Yoongi said.
  Everyone laughed.

  "Oh, he's not that bad." I teased, ruffling Namjoon's hair.

   He looked back at me and gave me an annoyed look before scooting closer to me.
  Everyone continued talking amongst themselves when Namjoon whispered to me, "Follow me."

I stood up with him as he took my hand and lead me to an empty table in the back of the restaurant, hidden from everyone else.

    "I wanted to talk to you privately." He told me.
   I was a bit nervous about what he would tell me.

Namjoon took my hands in his and stared deep into my eyes.
  "Y/n, I just wanted to tell you I had an amazing school year with you. And I hope next year is just as great."

I smiled at his words and squeezed onto his hands.
   "Joonie, you made this year great for me too."

   "I just love you so much," He began as he started pulling something out of his pocket.
  My heart started pounding.

  "I want to give you this promise ring, that promises I'll always love you and bring you joy for all of eternity."
  He took out a ring box that held a shiny, beautiful silver ring.

   Tears fell from my eyes as he started putting the ring on my finger.
   "Joon.." I sobbed, speechless.

He scooted closer to me and cupped my face before kissing me.
   He wiped away my tears.

  "I love you, Namjoon sunbae." I giggled, breaking away from the kiss.

         "I love you more, y/n."