One Shot {21} / Triggered (Sequel to Uncomfortable)

Rain streamed down his face. It was pouring like hell but he kept walking.
Walking and walking until he pushed open a door. And he happened to end up in a bar, getting wasted. Maybe he could find a girl. To hype the rumors. He knew the men thought he was fucking girls all night. But he really couldnt give a shit about them. They didnt turn him on. Not anymore.

Actually there was only one person, who he wan-
He pushed that thought aside and focused on drinking as much as he could.

And hours later, far after midnight, he stumpled back to his base.

Fucking Winters. Every fucking time he closed his eyes, got another drink, he could hear him. Pleading him to stop and come back. Back to bed. Back in his arms.

Oh fuck off!!

He bent over and puked shit tons of liquor. Thinking about him made Lew sick. He had ended up falling for Winters. God knows why!

And now God kicked him in the goddamn face.

He was pissed off.

He should have let Winters get himself killed already.

The last patrol, he had joined Winters and Easy, because he had nothing else to do. Everything had gone well until suddenly hell had broken loose and Germans had fired from everywhere.
He had pushed a few men into fucking firing back, because they had been frozen of fear.
He hadnt even had the time to fire himself because had been busy keeping everyone safe.
Winters had been shouting orders and hadnt noticed a Kraut sneaking up behind him.

Lew hadnt hesitated one second and he had thrown himself into the way. He had grabbed Winters pocket knife and fucking stabbed the German like a madman.

After, he had been covered with blood, even his face had had red stains, Winters had pulled him into his arms.

He had thanked him and looked over him to make sure he had been alright.

But Lew had pushed him away. Angry with myself.

Because the night before he had found out. And still he had been willed to die for him.

Lew looked up and saw light in Winters cabin. So he was still awake. Working probably.

Nixon knew Winters worried about him. He knew that was the reason he had called for him last night.
Lew had completely backed off. He didnt let Winters touch him. He barely spoke at him, leave alone look at him if he didnt have to.

So he had no idea why he walked over and knocked on Winters door. He had no idea why, after Winters opened, quite surprised but he let him in, he always would that polite fucker, no he had no idea why the hell he now stood in Winters room.

Winters sat down on his bed, pointing Lew to join him.
But Lew ignored him and leaned against the opposite wall.

Neither of them talked. Instead they were watching the other one.

Winters cleared his voice.
"Are you okay, Lew?"

Nixon just shrugged.

"Are you drunk?"

"Do you care?"

Winters eyes widened.
"Why wouldnt I care?"

Should he really pull the trigger now?
That he knew. That he had just waited for it to go down? Or that he even wanted it to go down? That he had seen the nights Winters spend with the light on? That he had heard the voices when he passed his cabin? That he wanted to kick in the door more than once to see what he suspected with his own eyes, but had waited and thought what he might say or do to Winters? That he had seen him walking back to his cabin at quarter past four?

But he kept silent.

Until someone knocked on Winters door. Winters jumped up and opened.
"A message for you, Major"
"Thank you, private", he mumbled and shut the door again.

He turned around, with a little piece of paper in his hand, which he unfolded.
Lew studied Winters expression while he was reading the note.

Meaning, he saw clearly Winters eyes widening. He saw his shaky breath. He saw his face turning pale.
And he saw Winters straightening his expression before he fully turned back to face Nixon again.

"Whats that?", Lew asked.
"Nothing!" Winters shrugged nonchalantly. Or at least he tried.

"Dont play that game with me, Dick!"
Lew was furious. He always had put his soul out for Winters. He had always encouraged him to talk about his feelings.

Dick had called him 'his sun' while Winters was 'the moon'. When they started discovering their feelings and relationship, they had noticed how they had become an important existantial part of each others life. How Lew breathed in when Winters breathed out. How Lew was bright and alive, able to cheer them up when war got too tough and Winters put them on track before a mission and made them focus and calm when it was needed.

"You cant fucking hide anything from me, I know you!"

"Yeah? But you can?"
Winters was calm, too calm.

Thats how it always was. Lew was emotional, boiling with feelings, while Winters was calm. Thats what drew them together in the first place. One part of a whole.

"I didnt hide anything!"
"You backed off, Lew! You shut me out and when I do the same its not fair?"
"But I never did anything wrong!"
"So you werent sleeping around in town?"
"Of course not! The men made these rumours up!"

Winters looked at him blankly.
"And you didnt think about how I would feel?"

"You?", Lew took a step closer to Winters.
"You were the one who started this shit anyway, so you get no right to blame me!"
"What? What in hell did I start??"
"You. Lied. To. Me."

Winters shook his head. He tried to hide it, but Nixon could see his stress.
"When, Nix? When did I ever lie to you? I love-"

Nixon grabbed Winters arm.
"Dont you dare saying that! You dont get to fucking say that!"
"When, Nixon?"
"Every day! Every time you said that you love me! Every time you fucking kissed me. Every time you touched me or looked at me. I should have let you die out there.."

Dick looked at him like he had slapped him. His lips started trembling.
"What?" He breathed.

"Oh, you know! I had given you my love, my fucking everything and you turned around and fucking slept with another man! And you accuse me for sleeping around!!"

Lew was shouting now.
There. He did it. He pulled the trigger.
And he watched Winters expression fall. He watched Winters breath stopping. He watched him nearly breaking down.

But all he could think of right now, was that, Winters face was proff enough to know that he had been right.

....

Finally! I hope you liked this one!! There are some in real life true inspirations in this chapter, from my life, and I loved to write them down and let them take me to write this.
Third part will follow soon. Its gonna be tough. xx