One shot {23} / Young God (Uncomfortable Part 3)

"How do you know?", Winters whispered.
"It was obvious. You never would stay up nearly all night. You had secrets, I could tell."

Winters only nodded.

Lew sighed. The anger vanished. Dick looked so young, so broken. And it reminded Lew even more that he loved him. But...

"Dick? You have to tell me whats going on!"

He nodded again.
"I do. But be aware that its not pretty!"
He looked up, his facial expression hardened. "You have to hear me out, if you like what you hear or not, you hear me? Dont judge until you hear the whole story and then decide if you still want me or not..."
"Dick-", Nixon started, but Winters face shut him up. So he sat down on Winters bed and waited.

《》

It was the night when Easy Company got their wings. Everyone was celebrating. Richard Winters watched his men getting wasted and being happy. He, himself, was leaning against a wall. Lew had gone to the bar to refill his glass. He could see Lew's dark hair from his position.

They had become very close lately.

Secretly, Winters admitted to himself, that he had a little crush on Lewis Nixon (little did he know then). And right now they were testing out the waters.

Lew often would fall sleep next to Winters and somehow they would end up curling against the other one.
He still didnt know what it was between them, but he enjoyed seeing their bond growing and strentghen.

A young soldier approached him.
"Sir? I have a message for you from the Major General."
"Thank you, private."
The young man nodded and walked on.

Winters unfolded the piece of paper the soldier had handed him.

Written down, in a excellent handwriting, was a place in town and a time, added with a Looking forward meeting you, Richard Winters.
No signature, but a Mr. Castle.

Dick was sure he didnt know someone called Castle.
Let alone a General with that name.

But he assumed he didnt had a choice, but to appear there.

▪️▪️▪️

So he went to the mentioned place at the mentioned time.

It was a hotel.

As soon as he entered, a man approached him.

"Richard Winters, I assume?"

Dick nodded and the man motioned to follow him.
They traversed the reception hall and soon entered a light dimmed bar.

"Over there, Sir."
The man pointed at the end of the bar, where a figure sat.

"Thank you", Winters mumbled and made his way over to the said figure.

▪️▪️▪️

"Mr. Castle", as it turned out, was a high commanding Major General.
He refused to give Dick his real name.
"Mr. Castle it is. Thats all you need to know, Richard.", he said, when Dick asked him about that.

That should have been odd enough for him. But Dick was not as mature and comfortable in the army back then.

He pushed away his opinion and simply followed orders back then.

Anyway, the meeting was strange.

First "Mr. Castle" wanted him to order a drink, and tell something about himself.
Dick declined the drink, but started telling the man about him, though there wasnt much to tell, he stated.

Mr. Castle listened, but the whole situation was strange. He barely seemed interested in what Dick was saying.

And Dick couldnt stop thinking what the hell this was...