Silence

Welcome to a new series. This will be a six part series, beginning with the storyline of the last episode of Band of Brothers "Points". I dont want to say too much. Enjoy!

He was wandering in the forest. Thinking about how time had flown by and 3 years ago he and Nix had decided to join the paratroopers. How much had changed in these years. How much they had changed.

He reached the lake, he kept visiting lately. Since Easy had to hold the ground in Bavaria and did not have to fight anymore, he still felt the urge to keep his body fit. He needed to move. So an early morning walk through nature and a swim in a beautiful lake was his new morning routine. And Winters enjoyed it greatly.

He stepped on to the little stone shore. He had his towel hanging from his shoulders. Face raising to the sun, he put his hands on his hips and took a deep breath.

Winters closed his eyes and enjoyed the warmth of the sun his face. What a pleasant difference to the sharp cold his body had endured in Bastogne.

"I thought it might be you" A familiar voice rang out to him.

Winters turned his head to the right and saw Lewis Nixon stroll over to him.
He furrowed and looked down on his watch. Not even 0900 in the morning.

"Morning." He turned to the brunette approaching, surprised to see him.

"Yeah I heard reports about a red-headed Eskimo."
Winters scoffed and Nix shambled on to his left. "Thought I'd check it out."

Winters looked over the mainly clear blue water and decided to tease Lew a bit.
"Come and join me for a morning swim?" He asked, knowing well that Lew would never be physically more active than he had to when he was "off duty". Especially not in the mornings. The morning grouch he was.

Lew just laughed it off and teased right back how well Dick knew him.

"Here this is from Zielinksi", he grumbled and handed Winters a brown package, he had carried on his side.

Winters checked the label. "Oh great."
He sat down on the shore, right next to Nix who was watching him taking a seat.

Winters unwrapped the package, while Lew watched his every move.
In the early days of their bond, he had felt uneasy under the intense stare Lew seemed to save only for him. As if he could look right into Winters soul with his dark chocolate brown eyes.

"What is that?" Lew asked, his eyes flickering to Winters face and back to the package.

"Ran into the Regimental photographer." Winters explained, his gaze on his fingers, still unwrapping. "He said he had all these photographs of the 506th " Finally he had the unwrapped article in his hands. It was a folder with several compartments.

He went through the folder and continued, "Going all the way back to Toccoa. I have traded them for a couple of Lugers"

"That's a bargain", Lew remarked appreciative and reached his hand out to take a photo Winters pulled out with a small laugh.

He handed Lew the photo. It showed them both in their early days at Toccoa, in their dress uniforms. Winters smiling softly and Lew's lips curled up in a sly grin. Lew was a real handsome man. He still did not understand how blind he must have been before. Or rather, since he had known he would spend day and night with his platoon, he had trained himself to not look at them that way. That was the only explaination for his late revelation about his feelings.

Lew let out a huff with a smile and Winters smiled at him before he continued looking through the folder, taking out photos here and there.

"What do you think you'll do after this?"