14- epilouge

"Ayyy now it's a party!" The boys cheer as Lia and I enter the why don't we living room where all the boys are currently lounging on their devices.

"After that long a plane flight? I'm gonna need a minute before any type of party." I laugh as Lia goes to put my bag in the guest room.

"Aw come on babe, how else am I gonna show off L.A's beautifulest new arrival." Zach pouts as he comes over to where I stand near the sleek white door and pull my closer to him by grabbing hold of my waist.

"Beautifulest isn't a word, hon." I giggle bringing my hands to comb his fluffy hair as he burrows himself into my neck.

"I guess you're just that gorgeous then." I feel myself heat up as his words as he takes the opportunity to momentarily remove himself from his cuddling to place a tender kiss on my cheek before continuing.

"Alright, alright that's enough you're like five." Jonah jokes while jack takes a piece of popcorn they were eating and throws it at us.

"Yo Jonah, don't even waste popcorn like that again or I will take it personally." Lia complains while making her way back down the stairs to join us in her place next to daniel on the black leather couch.

"Don't act tough Lia or next time I'm smashing a watermelon." Jonah warns as Lia cuddles into Daniel with a fake horrified expression.

"You wouldn't dare." Daniel defends as Lia let's put a gasp making the rest of us let out all the laughter we've been holding in since the interaction started.

"I swear you two are made for each other." Corbyn chuckles while shaking his head and texting Christina about when she would be getting here.

Tomorrow is Zach's birthday and we decided everyone should be in L.A to have a close get together. We wanted to keep it small so Jack and Gabbie can join us without worrying about lavender while still all being together.

We've been together for a few years now and this is my last month before I become a resident of L.A so I can quit having to take planes back and forth to see my best friend and boyfriend so needless to say there's a lot to celebrate.

And just as importantly the pressure I'm cracking under to get the best gift I've ever gotten. Zach and I are about to embark on a new step of our relationship neither of us have ever been in before so I can't just get him any measly gift. I had been thinking about it for months on end now and I've finally come up with a few that satisfy me.

"Speaking of made for each other, Des and Zach any special plans?" Jack asks while rocking his fairly new born daughter.

"Well it is Zach's birthday so... do you wanna do anything ?" I turn to face Zach who has casually taken a seat sprawled on the couch.

"Whatever you want babe, if there's anything you wanna do it see now that you're in L.A I'm down." He smiles after taking my hand in his and leading me to take a seat next to him to which I more than happily oblige.

"I kinda just want to spend it with you, you know before I move in and start the mayhem of college just have one day to enjoy loving you without our usual rush." I can feel myself blushing as I admit this, the giddiness from when I first met him bubbling up while an adorable smile tugs onto his lips.

"Destiny baby that sounds like a literal dream come true, is it too late to cancel everything else and just cuddle to something on Netflix?" Zach asks sweetly after leaving a tender kiss on my lips. I giggle at his suggestion and not gonna lie consider it for longer than I should've.

What can I say, it's an intriguing idea

"We can't just cancel the party." I decide with a giggle causing him to pout his lips which were still decently close to mine.

"Yeah no kidding you can't, I spent too long finding flights for everyone. Besides the whole why don't we family will be in one house. It's going to be great." Lia tells us with a beaming smile, obviously proud of her 'achievement'

"Come on Lia it's not all about you." Jonah's girlfriend, Tate, scolds as she opens to door to the house pulling her luggage behind her.

"Tate!" Lia bursts out while jumping out of Daniels grasp to tackle the unsuspecting girl into an embrace. Jonah stands back from the two friends and look at us annoyed at Lia for taking his chance to greet his girlfriend.

"Were you listening in to see when you would enter with a line?" Jack asks laughing.

"Is that really so wrong?" Tate says as Lia finally releases her and she makes her way to a kiss with Jonah. "Mmm Gabi's in the car by the way just in case dad life has you tired." Tate stops her kiss wigh Jonah to say before continuing the awkwardly long greeting.

"I have something to give you," I whisper in Zach's ear while everyone is distracted by the mayhem happening around us

Zach's smile grows as he wastes no time getting up and taking me in his arms with a strong grip to one of the rooms with no explanation to our friends likely causing some less than appropriate inferences but hey at least it would keep them from interrupting. 

"Ready." The boy says with a wide grin and extended arms after gently placing me on the bed

"you're lucky I have it on me" I laugh and take out the small box I've been keeping in my hoodie pocket and hand it to him to which he wastes no time in taking from my hand and practically bounces while opening. 

He looks at the small necklace somehow growing his smile growing larger than I thought possible before swiftly making his way towards me on the bed obviously for a kiss of thanks. 

"There's more." I smile gently while putting a finger on his pursed lips so he remains patient. Zach's brows lift in surprise as I split the metal guitar pick on the end to reveal inside it a picture of the day we met, the meet and greet that changed my life in ways I never thought I'd be lucky enough to look back on

Zach's eyes light up as he looks to the necklace then back at me in astonishment. "Des.." He looks truly speechless and he grips the chain of the necklace and steps closer to cup my cheek with a gentle hand and eyes of pure endearment "How did I get so lucky? I love you Destiny, thank you" He says surpassing my expectations for his love of the gift. Little did I know how much It meant to him as with a warm sigh of relief he closes the small distance between us so I could feel the warmth of his smooth lips on mine and we both reminisce on how we got here and how grateful we are for that fateful meet and greet.

I'm clearing out my drafts and saw I never posted this so uh yeah enjoy if anyone sees this <3