20

We wandered through the dense forest, the both of us asked ourselves to where in the gods had Jason wandered off to. Considering Berk wasn't a very large island we expected to see a clueless dragon that would have stood out from the rest.

I felt dread surface when both Nico and I scouted the entire island. Unable to find Jason anywhere.

"What's going on? Jason should be here, he would never wander off from the island." Nico growled with frustration and worry, clearly agrovated. I thought to myself, and tried to think.

"Something's not right, he couldn't be able to fly and I'm not sure if we're still able to use our demigod powers." I said to which Nico nodded in agreement. We didn't have any of our belongings or a clue to where the son of Jupiter could be.

Then a sudden chill went through my scales. My demigod instincts kicked in and Nico analyzing our surroundings. The son of Hades must've gotten the same feeling. We were on high alert. Something was watching us. Something dangerous.

***

"Reyna, look out!" The Roman warrior brought forth her shield and the hunk of metal deflected the on coming arrows that were directed her way. The sharp piece of flint clanged against the metal and Reyna drew out her sword.
I stood behind her to take shelter from the archers, while I held my saber to prepare myself for any attack.

"Hazel and I don't wish to fight our fellow Romans!" Reyna exclaimed towards the hidden figures within the woods. Reyna's words were ignored whem a formation of demigods with spears in their grasp advanced towards us. Instinctively I grapped my friend's arm and braught her running besides me.

"They're not listing to us." I said as we were being chased after.

"I know that us Romans use the strategy to chase our enemies to the point of them to never return to face our wrath, but this is going to the extreme." Reyna stated through her heavy pants. I could see her metal shield and backpack weighing her down.

"We need a safe place to rest, but Arion is still not responding to me." I said. My legs became heavy and tired from our long journey here, now feeling my lower limbs burning as we ran.

"Then we must push forward, Hazel." Reyna stated with determination.

I searched through my bag to find anything that could help us. I found a pocket full of the diamons that had grown from the ground underneath my feet while we were on the run. I used the diamonds to pelt the spearmen, the sharp tip of the gems cutting their cheeks and scraped on their armour. I saw them wince from some of the cuts they recieved, but my pelting didn't stop them.

At this point I thought we would be caught but up ahead I felt something beneath the my feet. It gave me an idea and I told Reyna about my plan.

"Reyna when I tell you to move, move to the side as fast as you can." I instructed her and she nodded.

I sheathed my sword and raised my hands in front of me and concentrated. I hope this works.

{Edited}