21

The ground gave way in front of us and I immediately told Reyna to move away when the boulder came into view.

I struggled to keep the large piece of earth in the air before I launched it towards the soldiers' way. The spearmen skidded to a stop at the sight of the boulder and fled the opposite way to avoid getting crushed as the hunk of earth came into impact in front of them.

"Good job, Hazel." Reyna said when she came to my side.

"It's no problem, but I'm not sure if my legs can keep me going much longer." I stated as my movements seemed a bit wobbily.

"We'll find shelter soon, I promise." Reyna reassured me. "Bare with me for a bit longer alright?" With that we were able to escape from the Roman's sight. We took shelter in an abandoned factory and I let out an exhausted sigh of relief.

"How did this happen to us?"

***

"Who's there?" I growled out, my sea-green hues scanned through the darkness within the woods that surounded us. Nico's and my attention were snapped towards the direction where the sound of laughter filled our ears.

A figure of a man pushed through the bushes and my thoughts on the man when he came into the moonlight, was the similarities he had with Luke in appearance.

Blond hair, sly expression and scars around the eyes. His face gave me chills. This guy would definatley win an award for the most disturbing face in my book.

"Ah! The son of Poseidon and the son of Hades! It's a pleasure." He smirked venomously. Nico and I prepared ourselves in a aggressive stance at the man's words.

"How does he know who we are?" Nico asked as we kep out sighs on the blond stranger, before he spoke.

"Well it's hard not to overhear about the children of the mighty three Greek gods." He stated and I narrowed my eyes at him as my body tensed.

"You can understand us?" I asked in confusion and alert. He let out a light chuckle, his voice sounded like nails against paper.

"Well if I couldn't do that then what type of god would I be?"