Chapter Seventeen

"Hello?" I sing, answering my phone

"Hey, it's Aaron (Kyro) from Braille skating"

"Hey Arron!" I cheer

"Hey Amanda!" He laughs "We haven't seen you in forever, and we're wondering if you could film a video with us this weekend?"

"I'm sorry, I'm only free on Wednesday's" I admit? It's Tuesday right now, and I'm on the way to band practice

"Well I can talk to the guys and see if they could all come in tomorrow" he says "Your an awesome skater and we'd all love for you to come shred with us"

"For sure" I nod "Let me know if tomorrow works then call me back"

"Alright" Aaron sounds happy "Well I'll call you soon"

"Okay, ba bye"

"Bye"

When I get to Lyrics house, I go right in, to see only her and Grim.

"Hey guys" I smile

"Hey babe" Lyric comes up and hugs me "Have you heard our album yet?! It just got put up on YouTube!"

"Really?" My eyes widen, and she pulls out her phone

Three hours ago rise records released our album... and it already has forty thousand views. The guys come in slowly, and each time then say hi, then get quiet. The last person to arrive is Shane, and so all together we listen to our new songs.

"I cannot go to sleep I keep my music on repeat" Shane raps "Listening to repetition of my very heart beat" then the next line I sing, really emo girl singer two thousand twelve style in the background of Shane

The entire album is solid, then as there's thirty seconds left in the last song, I get a call from Johnny.

"Hello?" I answer smiling, and they pause the music so I put it on speaker

"Hello Amanda" he smiles "Did you guys see-"

"Our album is out on YouTube" I laugh "We just finished listening to it"

"Well, I was thinking" he starts "You Guys should put in your two week notice early, then come out to Oregon -plane tickets, and hotels on me- to film a music video for you most popular song, Zombi Suicide"

I look at everyone and there smiles grow, "How long will it take?"

"No more then a week" he says

"How bout we fly out on Thursday, we can take Thursday and Friday off, then work all Saturday, and  Sunday, then if we need more time we'll take it, but if not we'll fly back Sunday night"

"Okay" he agrees, "Oh and guys.... one more thing"

"What is it Johnny?" I ask

"You guys have already sold twenty thousand albums"

We all scream and cheer, I let my phone slip out of my hands, leaving Johnny hanging, as I hug each and every one of them, kissing Lyrics cheek. Our album has only been released for three hours...

"That's amazing!" I cheer, picking back up the phone

"Kids, after the Music Video" he starts, and we all quiet down "I'm flying back out to California, to meet with another band in LA, but after I will come out to the Bay Area so we can design merch"

Everyone cheers again, we're all smiling so fucking hard our skin is about to rip.

"HOLY SHIT!" Lyric bounces up and down and we all laugh excitedly. My dream is finally coming true, the impossible... seeming a little more possible. I'm going to become what I always looked up to