CHAPTER 19: This Can't Be Real!!

KORAH

It's been a few days since the night Abe and I got home and found out that Neko got jumped.

Ever since then, Abe has been even more protective than usual. He won't let me nor Brie go anywhere alone, even to the grocery store which before he would without having him Neko or one of his guys escorting us.

In a way I felt like I did when my dad always had his guys around us. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate him caring but at the same time it reminds me too much of what it was like growing up with my father being the head of the mafia.

Today, while I was getting ready to go out with Abe and spend one on one today, when I came walking downstairs, I heard him and Neko talking low to each other.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

"Baby..." Abe began with a look of guilt on his face. "I'm sorry but there's an important client of ours that has decided to meet with us today instead of in a few weeks. I promise I'll make it up to you." He says.

He had mentioned his plan to me to do business with one more big client and then he would be set straight and focus on his tattoo shop. He explained this way the club would be in good hands when he resigns.

Although I was against it at first, he swore things would be okay and not to worry. Then when I asked the guys name he said he didn't want to tell me cause this man was scary and didn't want me to worry. In which to me, the only scary person I had ever met was my father.

"I understand. Just please be careful." I tell him before kissing him on the lips.

"Thanks babe. I'll be back as soon as I can." He tells me before him and Neko get on their bikes and head off to wherever they need to go.

I turn to walk into the living room when I see Brie running down the stairs and quickly in her towel with wet hair and asks me about if Neko and Abe had left yet.

"They did a minute ago. You just missed them, why?" I ask.

"I wanted to say goodbye." She says.

"Oh well, don't worry, they'll be back." I laugh a little.

"Yeah well, in the meantime, do you wanna wait for them by binge watching movies and eating some junk food?" She suggests.

"Sounds great to me." I smile.

Right as she heads upstairs I look on my phone and start picking things out to eat to have delivered when the doorbell rings. When I go to answer it, I right away regret it.

"Turro?!" I gasp.

I try to close the door but he stops it with his hand and forcefully pushes it open almost knocking me onto my ass but luckily I catch myself.

"Well if it isn't Emma Carusso." He coos.

"What the hell are you doing here Turro? How did you find me?!" I ask.

"It was simple. I had someone tell me who happens to be a local here." He grins.

"You need to leave. Abe will be back at any minute." I lie.

"Tsk tsk tsk. Now we both know that isn't true. After all, he is meeting up with your father as we speak." He states.

"What?" I asked not believing what I just heard.

"Aww, he didn't tell you? He's meeting with your father as we speak and your father asked I come by and check out his place to see what kind of person we'd be doing business with." He says.

"Well..." I began nervously and started hoping that Brie didn't come down soon.

"Well what Emma? Or should I say, Korah?!" He corrects. "Did you really think that changing your name and your hair color would keep you from ever being found?" He asks me.

"It worked for a while. Please leave." I tell him.

"Oh I think I'll wait." He says while walking closer towards me causing me to back up.

"It's a bit funny don't you think? You were running away from your father's lifestyle yet are sleeping with someone who is no different." He says.

"Oh but he is. He isn't monsters like you all are." He says.

"You sure about that?" He asks as he moves in closer.

"Get out." I repeat.

We hear movement coming from upstairs from I know is Brie.

He looks up at the top of the stairs then smirks and looks back at me.

"Maybe I caught you at a bad time. But here, if you think your boyfriend is not as bad as us, then read these." He says as he backs up, pulls out a manila envelope and tosses it onto the counter. "I'll be seeing you soon." He winks at me and then leaves.

I try covering my mouth to try and not make any sound as I start to cry. Then I hear Brie come down the stairs.

"Alright girl, you ready for....." She stops herself as soon as she see's me. "What's wrong?" She asks worried.

"Nothing." I reply and then move over towards the counter and grab the envelope real quick then tell her I'll be right back down as I run up the stairs, close my door and lock it, sit on my bed and start crying as I begin opening the envelope.

I am shocked and astounded all at the same time by the first thing I see as I slowly pull it out.........My brother, Abe and Neko standing with the rest of the club wearing a high ranking vest. Was he in Abe's club?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)