CHAPTER 21: Why Did I say that?!

KORAH

I couldn't wait to hear what he had to tell me.

"Your brother came to me when he was seventeen. I had become the President of this club a year before and still needed recruits. Your brother showed up one day in town and approached me asking if he could join. He told me he heard about us and thought he'd be a good member. Which he was. To be honest he became one of my best friends aside from Neko of course. He told me he needed to make money to help his sister out. He never told me about you or who his dad was and I never asked. Then when I heard he was killed, we all made a memorial in honor of him right here in town." He says.

I didn't know what to say. I wasn't expecting to hear all that and now, damnit, he ruined it for me as I had planned on yelling at him and everything.

"So he never told you about me or our dad?" I asked to verify.

"No. I mean he talked about you a lot and how scared he was of leaving you but that he was going to eventually bring you out here but he never showed a picture or mentioned your name." He finishes.

"Wow. And you said you have a memorial that you all made for him?" I ask him.

"Yeah. We can go sometime whenever you like." He smiles.

"Okay." I reply feeling more sad knowing there's something in memory of him here.

"Now it's your turn. Why did you change your identity?" He asks me.

I take in a breath and let it out before answering.

"I had to because as soon as I turned eighteen and was finished from high school, I knew that legally he couldn't do anything. But he has always been good at finding people. Thinking more about it now, I probably wasn't too smart in choosing this town because my mother grew up here and he knows I've always wanted to go. I guess it wasn't fair I snapped at you like I did a moment ago. You didn't know who I was. My father is horrible. I didn't know what he did for a living until I was little. Then one night, my brother came stumbling into our house and he died right then and there on our couch, bleeding. My dad then came inside and had his blood all over his hands and clothes. And that's when I knew that he had killed him." I began to cry.

"Your dad killed him?" He asks.

"Yes." I cry a little more as I nod my head.

"Oh my god." He says under his breath. "Oh fuck."

"What?" I ask while wiping my eyes and looking at him.

"Okay, I'm about to tell you something and I need you to hear me out no matter what okay?" He asks.

"You're scaring me." I tell him.

"Please, just promise me." He says again.

"Okay. I promise." I tell him.

"The guy I was meeting up with today who is supposed to be my last job and client before resigning from the club is....he's your dad." He struggles to say.

"What?" I ask in horror.

"Now listen. He's looking for you. He didn't tell me anything or show me a picture of you. In fact he gave me your real name, Emma."

"Oh my god. He knows I'm here. This is bad." I begin to panic a little.

"No. He doesn't know you're here. He has asked for me and my guys to help find you because he said something bad is going on and needs to protect you or something like it. But after hearing all of this, I'm gonna tell him no and not accept the money." He tells me.

"You can't do that. Nobody says no to my father without paying a price. Besides, he will find out soon." I start to confess.

"How? Me nor Neko are gonna say anything." He says.

"Turro. He came by moments after you and Neko left. He dropped off this picture and warned me." I began.

"That son-of-a-bitch was here?! In my house?!" He asks in a mad tone.

"I couldn't push him out. He forced himself in." I begin to tear up again and then cover my eyes with my hand. "I can't stay here." I began while getting up and quickly trying to  grab the duffel bag in the closet and he stops me.

"What are you doing?! You're not leaving. My guys and I can protect you." He begins to protest.

"No you can't. You haven't seen the things he's done. If I leave tonight then you can tell him, that I was never here. That I left, something. I'm sure you can think of something." I explain.

"So you're just going to leave?! Just like that?! You're a strong and beautiful person inside and out and you are not weak. Only weak ones will run away but you belong here with me." He says.

"I can't. Don't you get it?! I watched my brother die in front of me. I can't stand to see that happen again to all of you guys who I care about." I tear up a little more.

"Stop running!" He says.

"I'm not running I just..." I began but he grabs the duffel bag and throws it on the ground off to the side.

When I try and go around him to leave, he stops me by grabbing my wrists and pushing me up against the wall but not too hard and then holds me there with both my arms pinned to my sides.

"Now you listen to me, you are NOT fucking going anywhere. Even if I have to tie you down I will, but I'm not letting you leave. Got it?!"

"Why the hell not?! You can get a huge pay I'm sure for handing me over to my father
Don't fucking deny it either! You both are in the same kind of business in a sense and you need the money anyways, so why the fuck won't you do it huh?! If not now then eventually!" I rant and yell out to him but I immediately regret it as I see how hurt it made him.

He slowly releases his grip and steps back a little bit. Shit, I never should have said that.

"Abe I..." I began to apologize but he stops me.

"You're never gonna stop comparing people to your dad and what he does. All guys except your brother are the enemies, right? To think I was gonna give up my club so that you and me could.....Fuck it, it doesn't matter. You'll always see me as an asshole criminal." He says both hurt and pissed off.

"I didn't mean that I'm sorry." I try and apologize again and walk up to him but he pushes me back.

"Just go. I guess you already have me figured out. Which I guess means it's only fair then to say you're no different either from being like any other girl. You fuck the President of a bikers club and fuck with their emotions then toss them to the side. Fuck me I'm so stupid." He says and I start crying harder.

"Please I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to...." I say and he stops me again.

"Just stay the fuck away from me. Looks like according to you, you're no different than the other girls I've hooked up with before." He says before he leaves and slams the door behind him.

I might have deserved that. Though still it cut me deep in my heart. Which why the hell did I mess this shit up? I have to leave. I have to get out of here. So I begin packing up my shit and put on a wig that I got before I colored my hair and came here just in case I had to run again, and then I put on a hat to cover my face as much as possible.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)