14

A.N (If you haven't so already please read the updated version of chapter 13 before continuing as you may be highly confused)

Kaysia's POV

I looked down at my phone that was shifting across the wooden desk in Princess' room. Whatsapp notifications were flooding in one after the other and the sound that came along with it was starting to work on my last nerve. I knew it wasn't Jay or Kane because the last I heard from Jay he said they had business to sort out and I still wasn't replying to Kane. I groaned in frustration and grabbed my phone to see Malik's name belonging to every single message. I rolled my eyes and put my phone back down once the messages stopped. "Who is it?" Princess asked with an intrigued look on her face. "Malik". I replied simply. Princess rolled her eyes and kissed her teeth but the sound of my phone vibrating against her desk again stopped her from saying whatever she was about to say.

"Yeah, Hello". I said in more of a frustrated tone. I couldn't understand why he was messaging and calling off my phone the way he was. "Did you get my messages?" He asked sounding deflated. "I mean yeah but I haven't had a chance to check them yet". I explained before looking at Princess. She gave me a blank facial expression that just showed how uninterested she was. "My boy got shot". He said like it was casual small talk. I froze for a second not knowing how to reply. "You there?" I heard through the speaker but I still couldn't bring myself to say anything. I looked on at Princess wide eyed and she starting whispering asking what he said. I put the phone on loudspeaker and continued the conversation. "Uh yeah, sorry. I just..uh I don't know what to say. I hope he". I stuttered out before he interrupted me. "He died". He said bluntly. You could hear the anger laced with sadness in his voice. I didn't know what to say or how I could possibly ease his pain. I know it sounded horrible but I don't know why he called me. I didn't know his friend. "I'm sorry for your loss". I said just staring at the phone. I swiped up on my phone to get back to my home screen. I clicked on whatsapp to see 'This message was deleted' as the subtext for mine and Malik's chat. I clicked into it and he was still deleting messages as we spoke. The only message I actually caught a glimpse of was 'Fucking dumb bitch' but of course, it got deleted as well. "Who's a fucking dumb bitch". I said starting to get defensive. "W-what?" He asked back sounding surprised. "And why are you deleting messages?" I asked back paranoid. "Because i'm talking to you now. Relax man". He responded still dodging my question. "So who's a dumb bitch?" I semi-shouted. "The nigga that killed my boy". He said raising his voice back. "And his fucking girlfriend". He said very angrily. "I'll fucking kill them both". He said slurring his words. Princess chuckled at his words and quickly threw her hand over her mouth trying to stop herself from laughing. I shot her a look before pursing my lips together. "Are you drunk?" I finally asked. He just kissed his teeth in return making Princess mumble bitch under her breath. "Come see me". He said causing me and Princess to look at each other again. "Come see me". He repeated. "I got suttin for you". He said still sounding angry. "I don't think that's a good idea". I said softly as he was now starting to scare me. He lightly chuckled. "Of course. Only bussin it open for Kane right, Kaysia?" He asked before laughing again. "Do I have to be a murderer for you to buss it open for me?" He asked sending me into a state of shock. "Don't worry baby girl, I will be soon and then i'm coming for you". He said before letting out one last chuckle and hanging up.

I looked at Princess and she burst out laughing. "He's such a little bitch". She continued as I sat there lost in thought. He must really be hurting because that was not in his character. Malik has never acted that way before and it seemed like he was threatening me just as much as he was trying to get me in his bed. It made me feel uneasy. I had half a mind to call Kane to come pick me up but figured I was probably overreacting besides he didn't even know where I lived. "You okay?" Princess asked as she stopped laughing after seeing the serious look on my face. I just nodded in response. "Your not letting that bitch ass nigga get to you, are you?" She asked, raising her eyebrow. I flashed a fake smile and let out a forced chuckle. "Nah, of course not". I said before clearing my throat. I watched as Princess picked up her half filled wine glass and backed what was left. For some reason that call had sobered me right up and I was no longer in the mood to drink. I picked up my phone and messaged Jay asking him to come pick me up along with the name of the halls Princess stayed in.