19.

Kane's pov

I pulled up outside Kaysia's house and just sat there thinking about everything that's happened. This was my life day in day out and Kaysia wasn't built like me or girls like Tiana. I didn't want her caught up in it but at the same time I couldn't help but to think about how much worse shit has gotten since she came into my life.  I knew it weren't technically her fault because I had beef with these man regardless but she just didn't help the fact. I didn't want to fuck up her life and I knew I would if I continued fucking with her. I've never had to think about anyone else's feelings before doing something and now all I think about is Kaysia. Even now, got me sitting outside contemplating when I would have already put a few bullets in Princess. I knew I needed to leave Kaysia alone now because she would end up hating me or changing for me and I didn't want that. She was a smart girl, and she already had so much pain in her life I couldn't add to it.

I was broken from my thoughts as I heard someone tap on my passenger side window. It was Jay. I knew this nigga was going to pull up from I spoke to him. I kissed my teeth and unlocked the car. He got in and just looked at me.

"What you doing here man?" He asked sounding fed up. "Cmon bro, don't be dumb". I said as grabbed my phone that was vibrating. It was Kaysia. I declined the call and put it back down. It then vibrated again, this time a message.

"You know Princess had nothing to do with it right?" Jay explained. "How could she not?" I asked slightly raising my voice. "She didn't know you was beefing him and bro i'm not going to lie even if she did - she doesn't owe you anything". He said truthfully. "You really think she would do that to Kaysia? And fam, you should see her, he fucked her up bad". He added. I scoffed causing him to look at me. He pulled a zoot from his inside pocket along with a lighter & lit it. He took 2 pulls before handing it to me. I took a few pulls and rolled my windows down a bit. "Fam, I dont even care about all that". I replied. "Fam, I know you don't. But I know you care about Kaysia. You think she'd chat to you again if you rolled up with a strap tryna dead her friend?" He said, looking at me for a answer. I just kissed my teeth. "Listen I just came here to give you the facts. I let her go because I know she aint have shit to do with it. Do what you want with that information but your moving reckless. What was you going to do? Pull up to a nice block like this and let shots fly? Fam your going to jail". He stated. "Not everyone is against you bro especially not Princess. I promise you she don't give a shit about you. She don't give 2 shits about me either but she wouldn't do that to Kaysia. Trust me". He added. "Yo, my head is fucked. I just don't know man". I admitted. "Yeah, I can tell". He also admitted. "Bro another thing, you know Kaysia is like mans little sister. I can tell you aint feeling it like that nomore. Its cool but just dead it now dont drag it out. Shes too good for all that". He added. "It aint that I aint feeling her bro". I started to explain. "Whatever it is, I don't care too much to be involved. All I know is whatever your doing or not doing is hurting her right now and she don't deserve that shit. All im saying". He said. "I hear you bro. I'll sort it". I said before sighing knowing that I definitely needed to. "Love bro, im gone". He said before exiting the car.

I thought about going up to talk to Kaysia but decided against it and drove home. Im going to sleep on it.

Kaysia's pov
I was sat in the living room with Princess. I just finished blow drying and straightening her hair for her.

"Is Kane still coming?" Princess asked as she got up and stretched. I just shrugged my shoulders and reached for my phone. He still hadn't replied to my message and it was nearing 12am. I called him but he didn't answer. "Doesn't look like it". I finally responded to Princess. "Anyway, don't let me keep you up. Go get some sleep". I said to her. "Are you sure? You know I can take the sofa?" She replied. "Girl go to bed. If I was that concerned I would have just slept in the bed with you". I chuckled. "You need a good nights sleep girl". I continued. "Thanks, night Kay". She said before disappearing into my room. I turned all the lights off but kept the tv on, with the volume low.