24.

Its been almost a year since I last updated... 🤕 My bad guys 😭

Kaysia's PoV

"So can we go to brunch this weekend orrr?" I asked Cameron as he laid across the sofa with his legs over me; face burried in his phone. For someone who didn't use social media, he was really locked into that screen. "Oi" I semi-shouted as I pinched him. He looked up and glared at me before typing in his phone. "You're really about to ignore me, Cameron?" I asked rhetorically as I pushed his legs off me and stood up. I grabbed my phone off the coffee table and called Princess.

"My babes". I sung down the phone. Cameron looked at me with his eyebrow raised. "Girl bye, Kane knows its me". She replied causing me to laugh and flash a sarcastic smile to Cameron who in return rolled his eyes at me. So sassy. "Anyways. I'm booking a table at Bobochacha this Sunday and you're coming". I told her. "Bobo who?" She laughed. "Stop". I laughed with ber. "It looks good. I saw it on TikTok". I explained. "Who told you I had the time or the funds?" She asked. "Who told you that you needed funds and miss me with the time shit. You're coming". I insisted. She let out a long exaggerated sigh. "Thanks love you, bye". I squeezed in before she could reply and ended the call. I laughed as I received an iMessage saying 'bitch' and threw my phone on the sofa. I stood there for a minute just looking at Cameron and thinking how much he was annoying me.  So to annoy him even more I jumped over him to grab my phone again. He once again glared at me but didn't say anything. Honestly, I wanted to slap him but refrained and called Jay instead.

"Hey my favourite man in the whole wide world". I cheesed trying to get a reaction out of Kane and sweeten up Jay at the same time. Cameron didn't even pay me no mind. He just locked his phone and put it down. He stood up and grabbed my face gently before kissing me and continuing on to the kitchen. "What do you want?" He asked so bluntly. "Damn, no love for your bestie?" I asked putting on a sweet but sad voice. "No. What do you want?" He asked again. "Damn, you and Kane must be on your periods or something, huh?" I asked rhetorically before kissing my teeth and hanging up. I slumped back in the sofa with my face all push up as I searched disney+ for something to watch. It had become abundantly clear that I needed to make new friends.

I saw the new little mermaid pop up and got internally upset that I didn't get to see it in cinema. My front room is not where I wanted to experience the beautiful Halle play the little mermaid. I let out a long exaggerated sigh before putting on recess. Mainly because I just needed some background noise but partly because I was feeling a little nostalgic. I grabbed my phone and started scrolling through wattpad to find a new story to read. My problem was that it was so hard getting into a story; I was a fussy reader.

Kane wandered back over juggling 2 plates and 2 bottles of water. He allowed the bottles of water that were being held in place by his chin to fall onto the sofa before handing me a plate. I watched as one of water bottles rolled off the sofa and under the coffee table, quickly grabbing the one that didn't. Cameron kissed his teeth but I ignored it and eyed the food on my plate. A cheese toastie with some strawberries and grapes on the side and muller corner yogurt. I chuckled at the toddler looking meal but was still appreciative. Worst thing is the man can actually cook, or so he claims, but the best he can offer up is a toastie.  Guess I should be grateful but then again it was my food...in my kitchen so whatever. Glad he's comfortable here though.

Cameron bent down to pick up the water bottle that rolled under the table giving me enough time to slap his butt. Something he hated. He jumped up so quickly before flicking me on my forehead. "You tryna get fucked up". He asked genuinely looking for a response. "Oh he speaks". I said before biting into my toastie. "My bad Kay, was getting into with Jay". He added. "Why?" I asked concerned for their friendship. Explains why Jay was so snappy with me earlier on. "Trust me, that ain't my tea to spill". He said. He raised his eyebrow at me as I stared at him before laughing. "Fix your face". He said as he reached out to flick my lip but I pulled away just in time. "Don't. Even. Dare". I warned. "Ite bad gyal". He said with his arms up. "So about this brunch ting". He added. "Oh so you heard me". I asked feeling very offended. "Yeah just didn't register properly until now". He explained. "Yeah, ite". I said lowly. "Where is it?" He asked. "Tooting. Remember that place I sent you last week?" I asked. He just stared blankly. "On iMessage...They have a bottomless brunch". I added trying to jog his memory. "Bobochaha....Pan Asian, cocktails.... I was talking about the duck and watermelon salad". I explained further; about to give up. "Ooooooh, yeah. That looked nice still". He said finally remembering what I was on about. "Yeah well it doesnt matter now". I added. "Why because you're going with your babes". He mimicked. I laughed at his stupid imitation of me. "Yup". I said matter of factly. "Nah. I'm coming". He told me rather than asked me. "No you're not. You had your chance and you ignored me". I explained. "Yeah whatever. I'm coming. Call princess". He demanded. "I'm not cancelling on her". I quickly added. "I never said that". He replied grabbing my phone and unlocking it.