Prologue

Pain. Chase Collins was only aware of the burning pain that engulfed his body. Oh, and he was on fire quite literally. All he could remember before being on fire was the barn. He tried to make Caleb Danvers will his power to him when he ascended. Chase wanted more power. He was completely intoxicated by it. And he needed it more than he needed air to breathe. But his plan to gain more power backfired spectacularly.

At some point it was true that Chase held more power than Caleb. More power than any of the Sons of Ipswich alone. It was because he obliged his own father to will his power to him. But in a surprising movement, Caleb's father willed his power to him so he could fight Chase as an equal. The enormous power both sides were displaying collided when forced against each other resulting in the destruction of Putnam Barn, and that was as far as Chase could remember. And now he was here, burning slowly, in God knows where. Every single bone in his body ached. The air surrounding him was so hot that it was difficult for his lungs to get oxygen causing his lung to burn with every breath he takes. If he was not able to extinguish the magic fire soon, he would choke until dead in no time.

On the bright side, Caleb and company were not around or they have attacked him already. There was a huge possibility that the Sons of Ipswich believe him dead. Being honest, Chase felt he was not far from actually being dead. That aroused another question, where was he?

He apparently landed in a forest glade. He could see rows of high trees wherever he looked around. He noticed that the fire engulfing him remained within the impact zone and was not consuming any plant surrounding him. Chase tried to listen beyond the crackle of fire only to realize that the nearest inhabited place was far away. He was not in Massachusetts anymore. Surely the impact caused by the collision of his power against Caleb caused him to travel through space resulting in the present situation. However he needed to move from his current position and hide if he wanted to survive and take revenge on those who dared to challenge his power. But in order to plot revenge, he needed to extinguish the fire and move. He was exhausted and his lungs were about to give up. There was no-one he could call or count on at this moment. As if finally accepting his fate, Chase closed his eyes. He had lost.

Follow me Witch Boy, I may know how to save you. (The Covenant)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara