Another normal life found

Days later, Alessa was walking again in town, distracted by the picturesque architecture. Kate and Sarah thought about having a girl's moment and went to town to have a coffee and get the basics for the week.

"That's she! The girl that is living with Chase." Kate pointed to the girl now too distracted to notice the women whispering in front of her.

Sarah was aware that the Sons of Ipswich weren't just an elite group of guys that presume of their status. She knew they were warlocks and she remembered clearly that a year before, Chase put her friend into a spell and tried to kill her boyfriend. She wasn't particularly fond of the situation. But Caleb didn't want to talk about the mysterious girl that returned with Chase and she was indeed curious.

"Let's talk to her. Come!" Sarah insisted to her friend, not that Kate needed much persuasion they both wanted to talk to her.

"Hey, Alessa... Right?" Alessa turned at the mention of her name to find two girls walking to where she was standing. "You remember me?"

"Yes, you're Kate Tunny and you must be Sarah Wenham." She didn't mention a greeting like "nice to meet you" or "good to see you again". Alessa expected some hostility from them, especially from Sarah who knew about the warlocks and power after what Chase did.

The first question that came out from Sarah's mouth sounded a little rude, yet she couldn't stop the words from flowing out of her "Why are you with Chase?" Sarah was as curious as everyone. "He's not a good person, you know?"

"Well, it's not as if I had much of a call in that matter. That I am with him it's something that goes beyond my plans. Why are you interested?" Chase was her soulmate and now they had been together for a long eventful year.

"Because he is dangerous." Sarah hesitated about what she was planning on saying next, she bit her lip. "There is something you have to know. They are warlocks, the five of them. And Chase once tried to kill us, everyone including me."

So they were coming clean about everything. Alessa just sighed. "Yeah, I know about that. Lucky he didn't hurt anyone. With him being so reckless and power consumed, it was a miracle no-one got out badly."

"Excuse me? I was in the hospital with no idea of what was going on. And later he attacked my boyfriend." Kate had a hard time accepting what Sarah told her and later Pogue confirmed.

"He used and arania incantate... Chase told me the story. I am sorry that you had to pass through it. Are you completely recovered from that? If you still feel ill maybe I can suggest some remedies."

"No thank you... I'm fine." The conversation turned to a different end from what they were expecting. They were confronting Alessa and also talking out loud about the secret they had been fighting to accept during the last year.

"Are you trying to convince us that Chase is not evil?"

"Well, I wouldn't say he is evil. He was lost and he didn't know how to be a warlock. He's so full of himself and nobody set a limit to his power. When I met him he was so used to get what he wanted through Power that I doubted he could see beyond it. But I don't believe he's evil." She didn't indeed, because now she knew more about the solitary warlock that had no idea what to do with his powers. And he had gone a long way from the day she found him until now.

Alessa was lost in thought remembering the first days she had to set limits to a rebellious Chase. Kate and Sarah looked at each other, their curiosity wasn't satisfied just yet and decided that maybe, they could talk to the girl who was seemingly in love with the bad boy.

In simple words, not trying to give out much information, Alessa shared her knowledge about Warlocks and Witches with these normal girls. After all, they knew their boyfriends were part of this cult. Without noticing, they changed subject and started to share memories about the boys being boys witchery apart.