The witches are back in town

Sometime passed since Alessa and Chase left Ipswich and they hadn't reported, not that they had to... but Tyler started to worry about them. Reid was also wondering if they were coming back in town, but he didn't want to comment it out loud, so when Tyler made a phone call to Alessa, he didn't object.

"Hey Alessa. You're back?"

"Tyler hello. We came back two days ago. How's everything?" She truly wanted to know if the witches had been asking for her or if new people appeared. She wanted to be ready just in case.

Tyler knew perfectly what Alessa wanted to know, without further rodeo he provided the information she wanted to know. "Well, two days after you left two mysterious old ladies arrived to town. They have some sort of power but it's not the same as ours. They have performed magic but we don't know where they are staying"

"Have you seen them? Do you know how do they look like?"

"Yes, one of them has dirty blond hair and her round face seemed to be smashed against the floor making impossible to her to bear a sincere smile. The other one is chubby as well, but has brownish long hair and a fake smile that shows all her teeth at once."

"Oh my... yes, they are them, Angelica and Stephanie Grover" a shiver ran through her spine when she remembered the stories her grandmother told her about how these witches had actually burned some of their sisters to obtain their magic. There was also a story about this one time that an unexperienced and recently ascended priestess died because of them. They wanted to make her part of their covenant but she didn't survive the marking ritual in which she takes the vows with the sisters of that specific covenant. "Do you know whom have they talked to?"

"Not any of us for sure... however they have been asking around... to the right people. Aaron told them that you are living here. They must have been waiting for you to come out. Plus they seem not to know about us and our power."

"Believe me Ty, they know. But at least I wouldn't be surprised when I meet them. Ty, please do not get near them I... I really appreciate your and I wouldn't want something to happen to you." Tyler was surprised to hear this confession since, well, Alessa was dating Chase and he didn't care about hurting them in first place.

"Alessa, what are you going to do?"

"Fight back, if required."

That evening the couple decided to finally go out. They were meeting Tyler who was a little more open to befriend them. However Reid was with him because he didn't want to admit that he wanted to get close to Alessa and disguised it as worry for his friend Tyler. Caleb was not away from them because he was truly worried for his friends. Pogue was there because he basically wanted to kill Chase. They were at their usual spot and for once, Alessa seemed relaxed. That was all that mattered to Chase.

Their enjoyment was disturbed by no other than Aaron. He approached with urgency the table where the wizards were sitting.

"Listen, I need to talk to you." He grabbed Alessa's upper arm making her stand from the table. Chase was not happy with his behavior, making him show his jealous protective boyfriend side. However Aaron was not amused by his showing of care. "Alone Sweetheart."

"Listen little shit... she's not going anywhere with you alone." Chase immediately bolted up to take Aaron's hands from Alessa.

Alessa saw something sparkling in Aaron's eyes. They weren't as before, there was fear in them. She felt confident that he meant no harm and turned to tell Chase "It is ok, I can handle it. Besides, we'll just go to that corner to talk" and she directed Aaron to the place she pointed.

Aaron was fidgeting and seemed nervous, he was scared and didn't know how to start talking. Alessa saw the distress and waited patiently for him to start talking. She noticed the dark bags under his eyes, and how his lower lip was trembling.