We are what?

Alessa's brain was restless. She now understood why a year ago she found a battered Witch Boy on her way home. The impact of Caleb's Power crashing Chase's Power resulted in the latter to burn into a ball of fire, but the rare sacred bond of their souls called for him to be healed by the one who could... a Witch with vast knowledge of magic who happened to be a Priestess and his soulmate.

That may have been also the reason why Chase never left. Alessa wondered once and again why he was still by her side. He had taken what he needed from her. He knew the dates when she would provide for more Power, so he could leave whenever he wanted and return only in those dates. Yet he stood by her side during her vacation with her mother and during one of the most gruesome situations she could face, the death of her mentor and grandmother. He even brought her to his legacy home to hide her from those who may look for her power.

Seeing the cogs working in her head, Chase guided her to the bed and made a cup of tea appear in front of her. The delicious smell of apple and cinnamon brought Alessa back to reality.

"Why did it appear now?" Chase now was scared of her reaction. She could leave any minute and he had not the power to retain her, as she had demonstrated before. He wanted her to stay there. Their new routine was fitting and provided security to both of them.

"I guess... I guess I was under some kind of disguise spell. It would have bound the mark to an action or event." Which event, she couldn't get herself to admit it.

"It did start to bother you since Rowena's funeral. You've been massaging your shoulder since then." Chase did notice the recurring action. He now noticed many details from her behavior. Like the way in which she frowned when she was worried, or how she tried to hide her smile. He also noticed how her shoulders relaxed whenever they were alone and how happy she was to help Tyler. He had come to know Alessa quite well by now and he did notice her recurrent pain on the shoulder.

Alessa started to trace back the words spoken at the funeral, and as much as it pained, she went back in time to Rowena's last words. "My Grandmother! She knew! That's why she said you were a handsome boy, because had seen your soulmark and she must have seen the mark on my shoulder and hide it." Looking at her body she noticed that she was still wearing a towel and a rose tint creep to her cheeks. "I better get dressed!" She swiftly got up from bed and went to finish her beauty ritual.

"Not complaining about the towel fashion here Sweetheart..." Chase laughed at the situation. He almost forgot she wasn't wearing any clothes. He had been thinking about looking out for his soulmate to even his power and gain strength. Apparently, he doesn't need to look further for her. He was glad he had found her already and the fact that Alessa was his soulmate was more than welcomed.

For the next days, life at the Manor was nothing remarkable. Yet they weren't tired of it. They had TV, Internet and a warm place and their newly discovered connection.

"We need popcorn and snacks." Alessa announced as she entered the room where Chase was reading. "Going to town to get them. Do you want anything?"

"No. I'm good."

Alessa now had some time to explore the town alone, so she took her stroll calmly enjoying the sideboards that showed goods from the family stores. She was distracted viewing a mannequin styled at one of the sideboards of a clothing store not noticing the guy that approached from a side.

"I bet you'd look beautiful in that dress." It certainly was a pretty dress. It resembled one of those minimalistic four colored walls from pop art with its white canvas and stripes in red, blue and yellow.

"Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of dresses." Alessa now noticed the boy standing next to her. He had a long curly blond hair that framed perfectly his chiseled cheekbones. He had a crooked nose that didn't steal an ounce of beauty from his face. If vampires were real, she could have sworn that they'd look like him, a mix of rock star and medieval beauty.