Please Witch Boy... stay with me

Nobody is really prepared for the death of a beloved one. Part of Alessa knew that since the death of her grandfather more than twenty years ago, Rowena Weathon was on a race against time. Her grandmother had lived long and at this point she had accepted the hand given. Another part of Alessa was convinced that she didn't need to worry about her grandmother dying, because it was never going to happen, she had live through thin and thick and yet here she was, talking animatedly and teaching a Witch boy how not to die.

Yet she couldn't deny that as time passed by, her Grandmother lost agility, her hair turned gray and her back went crook and more and more, witches were getting closer. Or so Rowena said.

She was surprised when after a lesson, Rowena called her to ask her to contact her mother. "Darling, I think you need to go and check on your mother. She misses you dearly."

Chase hasn't heard much about Alessa's mother. He knew that her name was Clarissa from some previous conversations. Apparently she was also a witch but not as powerful as her mother and daughter, which surely was straining. Clarissa was on her thirties when she gave birth to Alessa without being married. Actually, the name of Alessa's father was long lost in time. However how Alessa and Clarissa came to be didn't really matter, because time was relative for this family. They were old but they don't grow old as morals do because they were witches. It was one of the advantages of magic but also one of the biggest disadvantages they had.

Obediently, Alessa called her mother to see if she could come over to visit her for some time. And she agreed.

"Do you want to come with me, Chase?"

"Pardon?"

"To visit my mother. Do you want to come or do you want to stay here?" Chase had learned to read perfectly the girl sitting next to him. This was another of those rare moments where she showed involuntarily that she was vulnerable.

"Do you need me to come?" The reaction he got from her surprised him. She once again avoided looking him into the eye and a blush colored her cheeks. She wanted him to come, because she had grown used to have him around. "I am curious about meeting your Mother." But more than being curious, he didn't want to admit what he truly wanted, to be by Alessa's side in such important task. He figured that Rowena wanted them reunited before her time is up.

Clarissa Weathon lived in Cave Creek. It was a strange place to find a witch. There were not many forests around and during winter you could use a light jacket to keep you warm. Plus the beach was a few steps away from where Clarissa lived. Somehow Chase didn't get why Alessa wouldn't want to live there.

Alessa had warned her mother about the company she was bringing, so she didn't need to bother to prepare a room in her house for them. Of course Clarissa wasn't ok with it. Her daughter had no need to pay for lodging when visiting her mother, even when she was bringing a handsome boy with her, as Rowena forewarned.

Yes, Clarissa knew about the boy that her daughter found and helped, Rowena told her everything and had kept her updated about the shenanigans of her daughter. While Clarissa agreed to put up with the charade of their distancing for safety reasons, she loved her offspring and missed her living under her roof.

Since her departure, Alessa visited her mother at least three times a year, except last one because she was distracted by her Witch Boy.

Two years ago, her mother found a man called Robert and started a relationship with him. He has no idea about the magical side of the family, but knew that when she was really young, Clarissa had a daughter who ran away to live alone. But over time, they fixed their relationship and now visited every now and then. Clarissa and Robert lived together and although Robert wasn't pleased to know that Alessa will bring a boy, he supported their decision since he wasn't Alessa's father and didn't want to comment on her life. After all, he felt strong by Clarissa's side, but an outsider when it came to Clarissa's family.