Angel

m i l l i e

      Shoving through the heavy doors, I take a strong step out of the confinements of our school as I take a glance around me.

Within the first second of gathering my surroundings, I smell the familiar fragrance of cigarette smoke and notice a grey cloud floating from around the corner, coming from a sort of dead-ended alley that is created by the school's layout.

With hesitant, cautious steps, I stalk to the corner and carefully walk into the view of anyone around the corner.

Of course, through the grey clouds he produces, stands a mysterious figure leaning lazily against the brick wall.

His dark locks curl wildly around his chiseled face, creating a sort of contrast that I can't deny to be rather satisfying to the eye.

"Ditching lunch hour, are we?" He soothes, his menacingly low voice coming out in a sarcastic breath.

I raise a brow at his questioning, slowly making my way over to him as he inhales sharply while pressing his lips to the cigarette.

"Just wanted to take a breather. Jack tried seducing me.. again." I mention through a sigh, shrugging as he hums lowly in response.

"It's too bad, I'm sure he'd enjoy you- but, unfortunately for him, you don't seem to be interested in anyone else. How ironic?" Finn remarks through a cocky smirk, showing his pride for being the keeper of my heart.

I let out a light huff of a laugh, "Yeah, and what taste I have- a cancerous addict with a really bad attitude."

He scoffs as a smile slowly creeps its way into his brooding features, forming into a boyish grin as he slowly puts the cigarette to his lips.

"Well, what is it, Brit?" He says after a moment, asking the question as if I knew what he was referring to.

I hesitantly furrow my eyes at him, watching as he continues smoking his Marlboro cigarette as if his question was completely sane and in context.

"Um, it?" I ask, unsure of what exactly he's so certainly referencing almost as if it was obvious all along.

I'm lost here, bud.

He scoffs lowly, shaking his head in self discipline and smiling as if to think 'oh yeah, of course'.

"Right, you're- why did you come out here?" Finn asks with a sort of matter-of-facting in his tone that makes it seem that instead of honestly asking, he's more giving a translation or explanation for his random query.

"I-I don't know. Maddie told me I'd find out once I got here. But, I don't exactly see what I'm supposed to be 'finding out'." I admit with a quick scan of my surroundings, noticing the lack of a breeze in this alley due to the Northern winds passing by.

The slow curve of his cigarette-dangling lips catches my eye as I start to question whether he's known all along what Maddie had intended to mean by telling me I'd 'find out'.

Of course he'd know, and it's probably something he thinks is so obvious. Sorry I'm not a prone observer, geez.

"Alright, what is it?" I ask through a sigh, curiosity practically flowing through my accent as I lean back on the brick wall, beside him.

He shrugs innocently, playing dumb as he stares off into his surroundings while taking another careless puff of his cigarette.

"Just, she was referring to us making out, that's all." The curly haired boy mentions casually, stifling a laugh as my eyes widen along with a sudden parting of my lips.