Prologue

Prologue

Eight Years Ago...

Casey Aster Da Silva stood before her best friend Ashley's house. Ashley invited her over. They grew up together and treated each other like sisters. Ashley's house is like her second home. She went there to talk about their upcoming high school graduation. Whenever she visited her friend's house, she felt happy not just because of Ashley but also because of her brother Marco. He is four years older than them and had a massive crush on him. He never paid attention to her, not even friendly nor kind. Marco was the type of man who took life seriously, and he never smiled at her.She knocked on the door, which was opened slowly by her friend Ashley Montalban. At a young age, she was beautiful, and her body was well developed. Other girls envied her because of her elegance and confidence. Opposite me, I was just a thin girl wearing eyeglasses and braces. One night I tripped and fell, that causes severely injured my two front teeth."Come in," Ashley said. "Let's go upstairs."Upon walking on the stairs, they saw Marco going down. Casey looked at him with admiration though he didn't bother to look back."Not in a good mood," I whispered to Ashley, "don't mind him."Ashley knew she was fascinated with his brother. They told each other every little thing in their lives.When they reached her room, I asked her, "so, what are your plans after graduation?" "I don't know. I haven't thought of that, though," Ash sighed. "How about you?""Well, I was thinking of taking a business course since my parents want me to take over the family business," Casey said excitedly."Why is your brother like that?" Casey is asking curiously."You know my brother is always grumpy, and I think Dad and him fought for something this morning," she answered."I know you like my brother Casey, and maybe it's time for you to tell him how you feel and move on. Besides, there's nothing to like about my brother," Ashley smirked.I don't know Ash, there is something in him--you know, every time I see him, I can't describe how I feel-- it's like a crazy feeling, a part of me embarrassed, and I get a tingly feeling inside me at the same time. Cliche thing, but I felt it here, inside my heart.""Sis, you have to tell him just to let that out in your system," she said. At some point, Casey knew she was right. She went down to get some water in the kitchen when she saw him eating. She thought he was outside with his friends."Hi Marco," Casey said while getting water in the fridge. Her heart thudded in her chest. As usual, he didn't say a thing. Marco was staring at her like she was some weirdo. When I was about to leave, he grabbed my wrist so tight that it trapped in his large hands, ensuring I couldn't escape."Do you think I don't know what you are doing" There were fire and loneliness in his eyes? His face was in an angry clench."I don't know what you are talking about," She is scared of him right now. They were not friends, but he had never tried anything like that. "You are hurting me, Marco. Let go of me," she started to freak out."You like me, don't you? He never let go of my wrist, "that is why you are always here. You are using my sister to get through me, right, huh? Answer me," he gritted his teeth. "I don't. Ashley is like a sister to me--a sister I never had.He pulled her closer to him and pinned her against the wall. They are inches closer, and she can feel his minty breath, his warm body into hers, but she can't look into his eyes. "Look at me and tell me you don't like me," he whispered roughly.She shook her head, still avoiding his stares. He suddenly kissed her lips, brushing them harshly. It gave shivers through her nerves that made her whole body tremble. She tried to push her. "Stop it, please." She pleaded in between kisses and wanted to cry. He stopped, and he knew he'd done something wrong to her."You want to know the truth, huh? Yes! I admire you because I thought you were nice. Guess what? I was wrong. Behind that pretty face of yours is hiding an ugly attitude," she said, glaring at his face. She saw hurt welling in his eyes."Look at you? do you think I'm going to like you?" She could see how disgusted and angry he was if words and looks could kill. She is probably dead by now."Do you want me to say it in your face?" I don't like you, Casey, and I will never like you! Please stop using my sister and coming to our house to be with me. That's low of you." Every word he said was like a double-edged sword ripping her heart into two.

Both of them didn't notice Ashley's presence, "what is happening here?" she said in confusion. "Nothing," Casey said, and just like that, she walked out the door without saying goodbye.

-------Please don't forget to vote------
Photo not mine CTTO 😊