Chapter 1

Present Day

Casey's POV

I was done with my morning routine. I ran, had coffee, and ate breakfast. I was about to take a shower when my phone rang. I took my phone near the dining table where I had my breakfast. I used my phone to read news and books while having coffee. I saw Ashley's name flashing on the screen of my phone."Hello, sis, morning!" I greeted her. "Casey, I need your help. Can you please go to Camari Building and get the schedule of the events of the hotels? I never got the chance to get it, and tell Marco's secretary that I'm going to use the private plane? I'll go to Camari Palawan to check the wedding venue and the flowers we ordered." Camari Palawan is one of the hotels that Ashley's family owned. She never involved herself in their family business. She just let her Dad and brother Marco run the business. She decided to join me in managing our family farm after college. We deliver and arranged flowers whenever they have a special occasion or event in one of their hotels. She has to get the schedule of the events in every hotel they own, so we prepare all the flowers that we will be needed ahead of time."I am not going to Camari. You know I won't do that," I answered in annoyance because she knows I don't want to see her brother."You know sooner or later you will face my brother Case, not just me. We are doing business with them, for Christ's sake!" she said, making me understand everything."I know Ash, but I'm not yet ready to see him. I don't want to do business with him if not for you." I know she has a point, but try to explain to her to understand where I'm coming from."I understand, sis, but it's been eight long years. Since my brother arrived from the states two years ago, every family affair we had to attend or events that you will see my brother, you make excuses because you were trying to avoid Marco."After that night, I ensured I would never see Marco again. I don't even want to breathe the same air with him."And besides, you are not going there to see my brother, just go to the event department, look for Rye and ask for the schedule," Ashley said."Okey, fine! I'm just going to take a shower. You owe one me, Ash." I said, giving in to her request."Thanks, sis! Bye, the plane is about to take off. By the way, good luck!" Ashley was teasing on the other line.I took a shower, blew dry my hair, and wore my comfy outfit -- pants, a black body warmer with a gray shirt inside, and then hit off to Camari Building. It is my first time entering the building. It was huge and had an excellent architectural design."Excuse me, may I ask the floor of the event department?" I asked the girl who was talking to someone on the phone."Do you have an appointment, miss,""I'm here on behalf of Ashley Montalban. I just needed to get the schedule of the event--" she cut me before I finished my sentence."Oh, hi, Ms. Case! Ma'am Ash already informed me about your arrival. The event department is on the 11th floor. "Thanks, Ms. Mica!" I answered while reading her name tag.I entered the elevator and pressed the floor number. It was about to close when heard someone say to wait up.I was shocked when I realized it was Marco. I've seen him a few times from afar during parties, and then I hid to avoid him. It was the first time I had seen him face to face. Damn, he matured but still smoking hot. He had well-defined cheekbones. He had the kind of look that stopped you from what you were doing when you saw him. He was like a male model wearing a blue Armani suit. I can see in his almond-shaped eyes that he was surprised to see me, but just for a moment, he's back into his profound aura. Stop ogling this man, Case--he is an enemy. I needed to remind myself."Thank you," he said while entering the elevator.He stands beside me. I can smell his aftershave that soothes my nose. He smelled so good."So, you are finally done playing hide in seek with me?" He said in a serious tone without looking at me.Is he looking for me? Why did he ask me that kind of question? Maybe the guilt of what he did to me was still bothering him."I'm not playing hide-seek with you, Marco. Why would I do that?" I said with disgust."Really? Now he's facing me, looking into my eyes.Avoiding his stare, "yes!" I said, emphasizing the word.He moved closer to me, his face an inch closer to me. I could smell his minty breath. Oh, god, please help me.

------Please don't forget to vote----
Photo not mine CTTO 😊