Chapter 4

Third Person POV

It has been two weeks since he met Rye at the restaurant and accidentally bumped into Marco. Later that morning, she received a call from Ash informing her that she'll be spending two more weeks in Palawan because her brother had asked her to entertain their distinguished guest. Since she didn't receive a call from Rye regarding their remaining quarter schedule, Ash is not coming home yet. She decided to see her family. As much as possible, if she doesn't have work or an appointment, she makes sure that she goes home to be with her family. They talk, watch NetFlix, eat, and update each other on what happened during the week. Casey was in the kitchen, helping her mom cook lunch food. It was their thing, their bonding moment, when they heard the doorbell ring. Her mom and dad retired from managing the farm. They let Case handle it since she's the only child.

"Let me open the door," mom said. She puts down the potholder and washes her hand. "Case!" she's called from the living room, "someone is here for you."I put down my apron. Who could be that? Maybe one of their employees wanted to inform her about the flower farm. The farm was 15 minutes away from her parents' house. Sometimes they pay a visit. She didn't bother to ask her mom and just went to see who it was. She was shocked when she saw Marco talking to her mom.

"Tita, I will just give this to Case," Marco said, referring to the envelope he was holding. "It's good to see you, Marco. How was your dad? Mom asked Marco with a smiling face. Marco was like a son to my mom. They both see each other at parties and events."Marco, what are you doing here?" Casey asked Marco with a stunned reaction."I dropped by to give you this," Marco gave Case the envelope."And inform that I asked Ash to spend two more weeks in Palawan to entertain my business partner," he added. "Since you are here, why don't you eat lunch here," Her mom asks Marco."I don't think it's necessary, mom, and besides, Marco is a busy person," Casey said, opposing her mom's decision."Yeah, I think I have to--" 

"Nope, you will have lunch with us, and that is final. By the way, Case cooked lunch." Her mom said, interrupting Marco's statement.They were sitting at the table eating Casey's Dad, Art Da Silva, Mom, Trina, and Marco. "Marco, how was the business going?" Casey's dad was asking Marco."It was good, Tito. We are going to open another hotel outside the country," Marco replied. "Your old man must be proud of you," Her dad said while looking at Marco, who smiled and nodded.Casey was busy eating when her mom asked her, "Case, when are you going to bring your boyfriend into our house and introduce us?"She didn't know what to say. She looked at her mom and grinned from ear to ear.

Marco's POV

We were eating when I heard her mom asking Case about bringing a boyfriend home. I was interested if she was dating someone, but she broke into a smile instead of answering her mom.Rye supposedly will give the timetable by Monday, but instead, I got the file and brought it to her parents' house. I called her office, and her secretary told me she was with her parents. I know what I did was wrong. I want to make amends and say sorry to her for being a jerk eight years ago.She was shocked when she saw me earlier in the living room with her mom. She was wearing shorts and a white spaghetti strap that hugged her body. Her long, brown hair was in a ponytail down her back. Damn! I didn't know she looked this hot. Where is the cute little best friend of my sister? She grew up, dude, reminding myself."Tita, Tito, thank you for the delicious lunch. I have to go," I said, saying goodbye to them. "Case, why don't you guide Marco to the door." Her mom told Casey."What do you want, Marco?" Case in her irritated voice while we were walking to the door. "You know you don't have to do this," she continued."Look, Case, I want to say sorry for what I did a long time ag--""You said it yourself. It was a long time ago. I barely remember what happened that time. If you came here to say sorry, I forgive you. So can we just move on and both have our own separate lives? She cut me off.I looked at her in the eyes--what she said was right. It was a long time ago. Maybe it's time to move on-- but part of me feels weird. I open the door and say goodbye with a heavy heart.

-------Please don't forget to vote----
Photo not mine CTTO 😊