CHAPTER 3 : DECISION

The sunset is coming. Time flies really fast in Lukedonia. Above the cliff there still stands two young Nobles who is chatting with each other. They seem to be so amazed of the battle they just saw together not long ago.

"huff..Rajak, you saw it when our fathers set out their soul weapon right? How amazing was that?" said her excitedly.

Rajak who has been standing beside her gives no response on what she said, however he just looks upon the sky.

"Rajak?" asks Kaleza confusedly. The young man seems to be thinking about something.

Rajak closes his eyes for a bit, and opens it back while he clenches his fists.

"one day I will be like my father. become a Kertia's family leader..and protect the people I love."

Kaleza stares at him. She knows that pure blooded Nobles definitely will inherit the position of family leader as well as their responsibilities. But, herself..is not fully a pure blood Noble.

"you definitely are going to be a great family leader. But.. what would happen to my family when my father is gone? Will I ever be able to be a family leader?" she stares at the sunset. Her mind is quite a mess upon her sinking thoughts. Her expression turns to be sad.

"I am half human."

Rajak immediately turns his head to the girl standing besides him.

"Kaleza, it is not a problem even if you are half a human. Being a human does not mean you are weak. I believe you will be a great family leader."

But those words seem to be not enough to convince the girl. Rajak exhales his breath slowly, and reaches for the girl's small hands.

"Kaleza..it's alright. You are not alone."

The girl raises her head up, looking towards the man in front of her. A pair of rose-red eyes meet with black brown eyes of hers. She knows that the man in front of her has always been so nice to herself, even if she is not a full-blooded Noble. Furthermore, that man always looks her as the same level with him. He never underestimates her from any point of view.

Without the girl's realization, the young man in front of her gets their distance closer from second to another second later. The young man looks deeply to the girl's eyes, which makes the girl's face turns hot red.

"R-Rajak—you are being too close—" said Kaleza while turning away her face to another direction while trying to push away the man's body from her.

Rajak immediately gets a grip of what he has been doing upon hearing his name being called by the girl. He then immediately gets back a few steps and lets go his hand with the girl.

"ah, I apologize. I got carried away." The young man looks to the other way, hiding his red cheeks away.

Silence fills both of them while the sun goes down. None of them are talking. Both of them just stare at the sky, where the sun goes back to sleep and the moon wakes up.

He doesn't know why the girl standing besides him keeps making distance when he gets too close with her. Does she hate it him? Or is there another reason behind her act?

Rajak takes a deep breath. He doesn't know why his chest feels hurt everytime this thing happens. But of course, he doesn't want Kaleza to know about this.

A few moments later, the young man decides to speak up.

"Kaleza, I will take you back to your home. It's been late already."

The girl nods her head upon agreeing the man's words, and they are walking towards home together.

A few days later....