Chapter 6

*Talon's POV*

One thing I hadn't expected tonight, was my classmate Ren- who's supposedly a human- to suddenly show up in Kaiso running through our apartment building. But that's just what happened. I was shocked when we locked eyes, and apparently so was she because she tripped over her feet and fell face first onto the ground. There was a couple moments of awkwardness. None of us in the common area knew whether or not to help her. After roughly 3 seconds she springed back up. Her face a dark shade of red and ran again. Part of me wanted to go and chase her, but how weird would that be? So, I decided to just stay here. After all, it's not like she's my problem.

The nymph chick from this morning, Kaylen or something, was still angry at me and refused to speak more than a few words at a time. She would turn and scowl at me every once and a while but continued to help me. The common area was a few things. For 1, it was just an area where we all could hang out and talk, 2 it was a library with all sorts of magical books and copies of old texts. That's the part I'm concerned with currently, but while we're on the topic it also has a snack bar, occasional meetings and a set of public computers. Overall a multipurpose room.

I'm searching through- er we are searching through all of the texts about nymphs that we can find in search of why Max has been so- so angry lately. "Look, Talon. I can't find anything except mate rejection and periods."

I grumble at her. "It can't be either of those things." I state while glaring at the book I held.

"Have you thought to maybe ask him what's up?" She ponders while pulling at the hem of her dress.

"Of course not! Why would he just tell me? I don't think he even knows." I state while scratching a 'peircing'.

The sky nymph to my left stands and dusts off her dress. "Okay, Well I'm tapping out. You should talk to him, after all he's the only person you care about. Don't lose him too." She then turns with a whip of her hair and leave me alone.

I sat alone for a bit thinking. Until my eyes met Ren's once more. She and the were-chick were soaking wet, with towels around both their necks. Some part of me was angry at this. I couldn't tell you why though. I could only imagine what they had been doing, but they only met today why would they be that close? Either way, Mace seemed really shaken up and Ren seemed exhausted. I honestly don't know. How did Ren even get here? As far as I can tell she's just a human, so she shouldn't have been able to find this place. Let alone actually enter it. The barrier should protect us from discovery that's why we have guards. I instinctively look over at the door way. Two guards were both talking on their walkie talkies, probably about Ren now that I think about it. I can only assume she passed through a gate while they were switching, but that would either have to be very lucky or incredibly planned out. I narrow my eyes at her, what's it about you. She and Masse open the door and head out. Ren had seemed fragile while she walked, with her shoulders tight and head down.

Suddenly a familiar face passes by and I shoot up. "Max." I state before I can stop myself.

He turns to me, with an annoyed face and bloodshot eyes, "What?"

I stand up awkwardly, unsure of what I was going to say in the first place. Maybe Kaylin was right.... "Um, can we talk in private?"

Max raises his eyebrows and looks over to the door that had shut a few moments ago. "Whatever, come on."

Eventually we were comfortably in his room sitting on his bed. Nobody spoke. How do you start asking your brother why he's been so bitchy and moody? "Um... Max you're my twin, my brother, and to be honest one of the only people I actually care about."

"I know Talon, it's something you need to work on." Max states while falling back onto his bed.

I twist to look at him. "It's not something I need to work on. I just choose who I care about carefully." I state glaring at him.