Chapter 10

*Auggie's POV*

Everything went black. I could only feel a sharp dagger-like pain in my head and incessant ringing in my ears. Suddenly I was somewhere. An open clearing with willow trees and pine trees around the perimeter. I wasn't alone, another person was with me. Their arms draped over my chest in a sweet embrace. "Are you nervous?" I ask, tho I had no control over it. No control over my arms, voice, or anything it was like I was riding in passenger seat.

The person slips over, plopping down in my lap and staring up at me with a cheeky grin. "Yes, but I have you." If I had control of my breathing I'm sure that I'd die. Sitting in my lap, was Max. His hair wasn't in it's usually neat and pulled back self, instead it was ruffled about in all different directions. His cheeks had a light blush, and his oh gosh everything. "It must be strange for a werewolf to think of a guy having a baby, but it's quite normal for a nymph." Max looked so happy... and an indescribable feeling swelled up in my chest. His messy hair. His cool gray eyes... his smaller frame and cute 'professional' outfit. Max leans his face on my chest while moving closer. I could feel his baby bump pressing up against my stomach. "Pug, I love you. So much. I can't wait to grow our little family."

I wrap my arms around his shoulders and pull his face up. Pressing our lips together... I'm kissing a guy. I'm kissing a guy! His lips were soft, and our lips melded together perfectly. He tasted sweet and metallic. I can't tell you why but my heart was beating fast. "I love you too Max, when we get home do you want to-"

I was cut off my a loud piercing scream. The kind with anguish laced in it of a widowed mate. The scream that stays in your ears for days onward. Max and I both jump up. I pull him behind me in a protective stance while looking out for any danger. I can hear rustling in the trees ahead of us, followed by a woman rushing out of the trees. Her face contorted in distress and fear.

A dark figure rushes out behind her, grabbing her and throwing her towards us like a javelin. She crashes down 2 feet ahead of us, landing on her neck and bending it backwards with a sickening crack. Neither of us moved as blood began pooling under her.

The sound that came from behind me made me want to fall apart. "P-pug?" His voice cracked, and inside of me something snapped. I spin around and scoop him up in a swift motion. Taking him tightly in my arms as I dart away, as fast as my legs could take us and as quickly. I can feel the figure chasing behind us, crushing all the debris in its way. I run and run and run. Weaving through trees and jumping over fallen logs. When suddenly another figure jumps in front of us. It didn't smell human. It was completely black, and weilding a sharp metallic looking spear. A loud crack and static sounds behind us and I turn just in time to see the tree we were at just a moment ago fall with such a force it sent us a few feet forward. I continue running, this time with 2 figures chasing us.

What are these things? Where did they come from?! I have to save Max. I swear if they lay even a finger on him I'll tear their limbs out of their soccoat and gauge out their eyes. "It's okay baby. It's okay." I state in between my desperate gulps of air. Another sound of static energy sounds behind us, but misses once more. The 2nd figure with the spear comes around us once again, cutting me off from that direction and jabbing a spear towards us. I turn fast enough to keep it from hitting Max, but not enough. A loud scream passes my lips and I fall to the ground. I don't stay down long though and jump up to kick the figure in the jaw. Sending them flying backwards as I help Max up. The whites of his eyes had turned black, and his teeth and nails were sharp daggers.

"What happened are you okay?" He asks while grabbing my side, which makes me wince in pain. What the hell type of metal is that? IT burns. BURNS.

"I-I'm fine. I'm fine. We have to go. You need to run. I'll handle them back here." I state cupping his face gently.

"N-NO!" He yells. "I'm not leaving you."