Chapter 8

*Talon's POV*

Ren looked like crap. In a sort've cute way? Is that possible? Either way, the image of her green eyes surrounded by dark circles was engraved into my mind, refusing to leave. I'm angrily chewing on my pen in Calculus, while thinking about her. I just wanted to scoop her up and force her to get some well-needed shut-eye. Either that or just cuddle. Both sounded very valid to me. Those sorts of thoughts had never previously crossed my mind, with anyone. Only remotely with Max, but these were different... less... platonic... less clad.... I shiver and jump as the pen snaps into three sharp pieces. Mother- what is wrong with me?

"Mr.Franz!" An annoying voice rings as the hand of the girl across me raises. "Talon broke her pen, it's everywhere! She was chewing on it, I can't sit here" The girl had light blue dyed hair dark blue eyes. The color reminiscent of blueberries. The grossest berry ever, which matched her, seeing as she's the grossest girl ever. I narrow my eyes and recognizing her.

"Miss Wilson please refrain from yelling in my classroom."The teacher says while pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I'm just concerned that I might catch something from her! She could have a disease." She states while sticking her tongue out at me.

Giggles erupt as I lean forward resting my chin on my hands and looking up at her. "You weren't concerned about that when you were in my bed." I state licking my lips and challenging her with my eyes.

She makes a disgusted face, but can't summon up a good come back. I smirk at her as the rest of the class makes their laughs and 'Ohh!' She and I were fuck buddies a few months back most of our classmates knew about it I think. She wasn't too quiet about it. I called it off though when she started drama, it was just a deal breaker. She didn't take to kindly to me 'dumping' her. Although we never officially dated. Overall I just don't care.

The teacher didn't seem to care too much as he dropped the trash bin at my desk and resumed teaching. I take care of the pencil pieces before I send a hard glare to the girl across from me. I don't remember her name, though I'm sure she reminded me multiple times. It just doesn't stick, because I don't care. Never have cared, and never will. Simple.

Eventually, this class passed and I began making my way to lunch. I have second lunch, and Max has first. One thing I sorta hated at the beginning of the year, though I'd never admit it. I'm getting used to it though, and I kinda enjoy eating by myself. As I'm making my way there in the halls I notice two familiar people. Owggie and beta-dick. I grit my teeth while listening to them. Their breathing, their steps and their conversation.

"About the nymph..." The beta-dick starts.

"There's nothing to say about him." The other snaps while taking a turn into the bathroom. The beta follows, and here I thought only girls went in packs to the bathroom. Turns out that werewolves do too. Must be genetic, but... as much as I joke in my head... the nymph. Are they talking about Max? I growl and turn around abruptly. Causing some people to shuffle and trip behind me, but I couldn't care less. I walk straight into the male's bathroom.

I lean against the wall by the sinks. Both Awe and Dick were in stalls so they didn't see me approach. I just listened. "I'm just saying man. He deserves it for claiming he's your mate when he's not. In fact he deserves worse. A nymph and werewolf- don't make me laugh."

Alpha-to-be takes a few moments to respond. "Look Tanner. We're better than that, so don't talk to anyone else about it. He'll get what he deserves, but if you make it obvious we'll get in trouble. You know how Alpha feels about nymphs, if we do something that makes US look like the bad guys it'll be hell. Dad can't stand to lose."

"So we teach him his lesson still.. But uh you don't want us to make it obvious.... How the hell are we gonna pull that off?" T-ner asks while the sound of pee stops and the toilet is flushed.

"Tanner there's quite a lot of ways we can do that. First step, make sure that he has no proof it was us-" The alpha's boy flashes his toilet and they step out of their stalls at the same time. I had heard everything I needed.

"Right. Now here's the deal fellas, I don't take too kindly to you messing on my brother." I state while looking at them through my eyelashes will cold, calculated anger.

"Who the hell are you?" The Alpha kid asks.

Tanner growls at me. His face had a faint blush thrown off a bit that a woman such as myself just went in there. "Talon. Max's Twin."

"A plus beta-dick!" I state feigning happiness and earning a warning growl from both of them. I can feel my nails turning to solid metal blades in response and my teeth following suit. "Now that introductions are out of the way, I need to clear something up. You so much as touch a single hair on his head with bad intentions, don't think I won't start a war. Max and I are war nymphs after all." I take a step forward while keeping their gaze. "Leave him alone. It's the least you could do, seeing as he's your mate." I study August's face. He has copper brown hair, a light caramel tan, and amber eyes. No doubt ones that Max loves.

He starts back. "He's not my mate!" I glare at him and in a swift moment knock the beta into the stall behind him and drag the alpha to the ground, scratching his check as I move. My nails slice into his skin as I rip off his shirt. On the arm where Max's tattoo was. By then the beta was up and knocked me off the the alpha and into the sink. Where my side flared in pain. He stopped and looked back at Auggie who stared at the tattoo... the same size as Max's... which held the same meaning. We lock eyes.

Tanner was growling in my face when the alpha boy spoke up. "Tanner let go. Talon, leave now." He says, his alpha blood peering through his words. Tanner reluctantly drops his hold on me.

I fix my clothes and begin walking out. "See ya later~ brother-in-law!" I call behind me as I exit the bathroom.

It was quiet now, in the halls. My adrenaline was slowly settling and my metal was slowly returning to normal. I'm still annoyed right now. Very fucking annoyed. Gosh sometimes I wish life was more human. Do you know what I mean? Where you weren't worried about mates or titles or politics between species? It's probably easier that way. Ren... well shouldn't it be easier.

I walk into the lunchroom, the noise attacking my ears. My eyes lock onto Renae. She was sitting with that one chick, alpha-boy's ex. Speaking of, I'm reminded of the conversation we had earlier. How did Ren know this chick needed her? After all she doesn't have a phone. They seemed to be getting along well, and for whatever reason that made me a little upset. After all was she the one who caught Ren when she fell? No. That was me. I did. Before I realize it I'm walking over to her.

"Hey Ren." I state. Ren turns and looks up at me, offering a peaceful smile.

"Hi there Talon." She seemed only a little bit awkward. "Would you like to sit with us? You're more than welcomed too."

And just like that all my suspicion was begged to leave. She was so innocent, so pure and perfect. Too perfect. It must be a facade... it has to be. "Nah, I'm gonna ditch the rest of school, getting bored and annoyed. Honestly school sucks."

She lets out an awkward laugh. "Oh, that's a shame."

"You could honestly use a break from school, I think" I state while sitting on the table and looking down at her. "You're exhausted, you should really take a nap or something. I could take you home if you'd like." I state.

"Oh I'm fine, really." She says while playing with the plastic bag of grapes she held. Both the chick and Ren had the same packed lunch. I wonder if Ren made it, and why they both have one. Shouldn't the chick have free lunch courtesy of her parents or Kaiso.

"Right... Well with our project, we should meet up to talk about it. I was thinking tomorrow we could meet up at Subway? At 12, we can eat lunch and go over the details. Sound good?" I ask, coming up with the plan in my head.

Ren has a faint blush building on her cheeks. "Oh... uh sure I guess. Tomorrow is saturday right?" She asks awkwardly. I nod and she smiles back. "Sounds like a plan!"

"Great! See you tomorrow then." I state while bouncing off the table and leaving them. God I need a drink, did I just ask her out? No. She wouldn't see it that way she's too innocent. Plus... probably straight. I growl at that as I step out into the halls. Still... she's so cute. I think while blushing lightly. I bet she's look even cuter with~~