three

Azalea did not want to sleep

Azalea did not want to sleep. After sleeping for more than eighty-two years, she wanted to scream and run around.

Prying the sweaty blankets off her body, she slipped out of bed and into the common room, then put the door. She tiptoed around the castle, looking around at what had changed or what hadn't.

She heard the sound of multiple footsteps running toward her. The footsteps were rushed and sloppy. A figure rammed into her, the two crashing to the floor.

"Hey, Padfoot, Wormtail, Moony, you can't leave me here!" James hissed.

Sirius looked behind him, glanced at Azalea on the floor, then grinned and ran away with Remus and Peter behind him. Azalea looked up and saw James. She was slightly mortified that she would have to see his face at that time of night.

"Darn kids!" Apollyon Pringle, the current caretaker, angrily exclaimed.

James scrambled to get to his feet. He grabbed Azalea's hand, pulling her up and tugging her along as he began to run again.

"What in the name of Merlin are you doing?" Azalea asked.

"Saving your arse!"

"It didn't need to be saved!" she exclaimed.

"Trust me, Pringle doesn't care what intentions you had, he'll still punish us!" James said as they continued to run away.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere he won't find us. I can't believe the boys just left me there," he muttered.

"Well, if you were running from Pringle, it seems they were in the right to run," she retorted.

James said nothing. Instead, he pulled her into an empty room and closed the door, enveloping them in darkness. There was a moment of silence before Azalea chose to spoke.

"Can't we use Lumos?" she asked.

James shook his head. "Pringle might see the light from the cracks of the door. Are you sure you're a Ravenclaw? You're quite dense."

"I'm quite sure. Now, if you keep making remarks like that, I'll stick my wand so far up your nose, you'll be tasting wood and boogers for a week."

James softly whistled. "Feisty."

"You don't even know the half of it."

"You know, I could get used to it," he said.

Azalea shook her head. "Please don't."

He grinned.

"Oh - no."