seven

Azalea walked into the library, expecting empty seats, but instead, there were no empty seats

Azalea walked into the library, expecting empty seats, but instead, there were no empty seats. There was one next to a redhead - Lily - but she didn't know her. Azalea turned around on her heel and took a step out of the library, but a voice stopped her.

"You could always join me."

Azalea turned around to see the redhead pulling the chair out from under the table. She walked over and sat down in the chair, sending a thankful smile to her.

"It gets quite busy 'round these times each year," Lily explained. "Most of the first to third years have tests."

Azalea nodded. "That's a good thing to know - though I am already graduating this year, so I don't really need to use it."

Lily nodded, sticking her hand out. "I'm Lily Evans. It's nice to meet you."

Azalea shook her hand with a smile. "Azalea Dumbledore. It's a pleasure to meet you, Lily."

"You as well. You're Professor Dumbledore's niece, correct?"

Azalea nodded. "I think there's only one Dumbledore family in the world."

"Ah, so you are the same Azalea James talks about," Lily said with a nod.

"He talks about me?" Azalea asked, curiously leaning in closer.

"Constantly."

"So, you two are friends?" Azalea asked.

Lily shrugged. "I think we're more of classmates, but James would disagree. He always does. You know, I think he really likes you. He hasn't liked anyone since - Well, that's in the past."

Lily gently smiled at Azalea, trying to diffuse any hint of tension that may have been created. Azalea returned the smile, but she was mostly thinking about what Lily had said. It wasn't her place to know what happened in James's past, but she couldn't help being curious. She wasn't sure if it was because of their soulmate bond or if it was because she was simply a curious Ravenclaw.

Azalea nodded. "What are you working on?"

Lily groaned, eyeing the essay in front of her. "Defense Against the Dark Arts."

Azalea sighed, taking out her own papers. "Divination."

Lily and Azalea shared a look with each other, a knowing flint forming between the two strangers.

"Switch?" the two asked before grinning and taking each other's papers.