5

quick a/n: written and uploaded from my phone

+ uploading to prove my comeback is real

Chapter 5

She instantly regret briefing her dad on everything that happened while he passed out. Much to August's disappointment he did not win any fights with noble heroics.

"If it was without consent then it was sexual harassment peroid." August frowned while pressing a cold wet rag to the crown of his head. We really need to go grocery shopping. Lola absently thought.

"Yeah, but maybe the intention wasn't there," she started but as soon as the words spewed out of her mouth she winced.

"Oh then please tell me what his intentions were? Why would a grown ass man lick someone, was he checking your pulse with his tongue?" He hissed and closed his eyes. "I'm calling the police."

"Dad I really don't want to make a big deal out of this!"

He stumbled up the stairs, "I'm calling them!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"NO!"

_

"So this guy and his girlfriend come in-"

"Into the house ma'am?" Officer Payne interrupted. She raised a blonde eyebrow as she scribbled something in her notebook.

"No! Not YET anyways. They came onto the porch and introduced themselves. Their names were like, Leonidas and Delilah," as soon as Lola uttered their names the officer groaned. "Ma'am there's  not much I can do with betas," Payne shifted onto another foot while shoving the notebook into her pocket. Payne pulled out her cellphone instead. "Can you describe the assault in full detail ma'am? Please include physical damages done to your surroundings." Lola was miffed. 

"Wait I'm confused. What do you mean you can't do anything? What would be the point in reporting anything to you if you're not going to do anything about it anyways? I was sexually assaulted," Lola's voice cracked. Saying it so frankly felt awkward, but it was the truth no matter how small it seemed. 

"And you're telling me that this dude is rich enough to have the entire police force in his pockets." Lola thought that she might scream. Payne gave her a sympathetic look. "Politics are very strange in a small town ma'am, mind if I come in to discuss it?" Lola nodded and stepped aside to let Payne in. "What about your partner?" she asked. 

Payne sniffed the air before shaking her head, "Trust me, it's better if he stays in the car."

They sat in the living room, her dad had moved upstairs to nurse his now tender head, so she and Payne would have some privacy. 

The police officers walkie talkie was going haywire with questions from her partner, he seemed to grow restless. She retorted some cop lingo for 'all fine' and the walkie grew quiet.

"You must be new here if you don't already know the hierarchy?" Payne paused before adding, "And your scent seems to be the source of unrest amongst the male, and select female, population. I'll have to ask you about that later though."

Lola shook her head, "I don't understand, my scent?" Payne's eyes widened as she finally connected the dots, "You really don't know anything about us do you?" 

Lola was starting to get more and more frustrated, "I just need you to tell me why you can't help me, can you please do that?" 

Payne nodded, "The culture of this society is more...traditional, um basically very archaic. Those who are, those who are deemed a higher rank hold more power. Leonidas is the second most influential male in town and is thereby untouchable to my rank. A lot of the police here share my rank as well."

"I feel like that's illegal not to mention unfair. One could only wonder how much he could get away with." Lola murmured before Payne whispered, "it's completely unfair and I can't do much to stop it. Questioning them is like questioning God." 

"Well, what am I supposed to do? Can you help me?" Lola felt trapped and small, this man had the power to do whatever he wanted with whomever he wanted. This suddenly felt bigger than a mere lick on the wrist.

"Call me Vivian, I'll give you my number and we can more talk later." Vivian's walkie talkie started to come alive again as her partner growled. "Viv are you safe? Over." Vivian responded, "I'm good Mac, stay in the car." 

After a brief pause, Vivian opened her mouth to add something.

"I'm coming in Viv." Mac sounded dark over the walkie talkie. "No! Stay in the car Mac!" Vivian ran towards the door. "I'll talk to you about how I can help you!" Vivian said as a goodbye as she opened the door. Lola could see the male officer get out of the car. "Lock the door and don't open it for anyone, okay?" 

"I never got your number!" Lola yelled but Vivian had already slammed the door shut. Lola could vaguely make out yelling and some loud indecipherable noises.

She peeked outside the window to find the small female wrestling the burly cop into a submissive position. Vivian had twisted his arm in what looked like a vicious arm breaking position. Lola popped her mouth open in shock. This could go on paperview!

Vivian quickly cuffed her partner before throwing him in the vehicle and speeding away.

-

Vivian looked at Mac in the rearview mirror. She had to pepper spray him with a special concoction made with wolfsbane in order to catch him off guard before binding him with her silver laced cuffs.

"You good Leto?" she questioned.

"Take me back to her please!" he whined as his eyes pierced into Viv's. He is so not good. His disheveled brown hair fell into his hazel eyes as he crazily yelled for the woman he only got a glimpse of. "I just need a taste and then I'll be good, just a taste of her sweet nector-"

She blasted the music on, "Gross!" she yelled and slapped the steering wheel. What was she going to do about him? Maybe Jody would have some answers.