9

A/N: I write in third person unlimited so the perspective switches pretty often but there's a huge perspective change in this section, it's indicated by "-" and a bold text of the location. 

ps: why i got ads on my book if i aint gettin paid?

Their UHaul had passed three black SUVs when they were fifteen minutes away from the gates, and Vivian felt a twinge of fear in her belly. 

"I need you to google how far the airport is from here." Vivian told Lola. She typed on her phone.

"A little less than 50 minutes, why?" Lola inquired. 

"I think we just passed the al-mayor." Viv corrected herself. 

"Why is this al-mayor guy such a big deal to you guys? I know he's your cult leader, but what about him is so scary that you can't go against him? Also, that gate was intense and is it crazy how I don't even remember passing by it the first time? What about the fact that you don't need paperwork to get in, but you do to get out?" Lola paused, "Can we also talk about why that guy looked the way he did, or why you guys named the fucking wolves in the woods? Why are the wolves so big here?"

Vivian sighed, "I would need to explain our way of life and our culture to you, and to do that-"

"-would be treason, I've heard. But can you at least try? We left a dogpile back there, and I'm pretty sure they're somehow going to find out about you." 

Vivian paused for a long time as she thought of a way to answer the girl without getting in any more trouble. She was trying to help Lola lead a normal life and repay the only motherlike figure in her life. Viv's punishment was already going to be severe. 

"If you saw him and his influence, the 'al-mayor' I mean, you would be smart to abide by his rules. Everything he does is for the prosperity of the pa, I mean, the town. This is less of a cult and more of a" Vivian paused to find the right words, "a commune in a way, and it has its cons, but there are so many benefits as well. I can't live any other way, no one there can live any other way. That's why things are strict. It's for own good. I won't deny that some things need to change. Some day someones going to stand up to the mayor, and things will change.

As for Duncan, he was sick, and that illness is why you're leaving. I don't fully understand myself."

"You didn't answer all my questions, but thanks?" She turned to look at Viv, "you should know, you don't have to go back. You can find another community with others, somewhere without bear wolves and cults and disease."

If only Lola knew that Vivian was born sick as well.

-

Bronswick 

Three black SUVs pulled up to the sentry post. It was a complete gaggle fuck. The mayor sneered in distaste, he wanted to freshen up before his welcome back ceremony which would be followed by a town meeting; however, judging by the look on the third betas face, that wasn't going to happen. 

A few police officers were mid-shift while others had already taken their natural form. A few nurses were tending to two pale bodies, while another figure was getting lifted into a body bag. 

The beta had stopped the first SUV. 

"Third Beta Marcus it's nice to see you!" Greeted the driver, "What happened here?"

Marcus disregarded the driver's question before he spoke, "I need to talk to the Alpha, I'm just making sure that you know not to interfere with the crime scene."