chapter 7

Inferno sat bolt upright and immediately lurched forward, coughing up all the muddy water and weeds. Despite the excess water in his lungs, he noticed a movement off to his right. the big sand wing beside him leaned forward and looked him over, her extremely pale yellow scales reflecting off the water. Her tail barb was curled inward carefully and there was something off about her posture, too regal and imposing for a sand wing. "your alive" she stated as if that was a mild improvement.  She emerged from the shadows and unfurled her barbed tail and he noticed that the barb on her tail was sharper and had more barbs on it, the spikes continued up the base of her spine until they reached her head and created an ice wing-like batch of horns. his vision drifted to her eyes and she stared back at him and he saw her eyes were the colour of dust a grey, empty, space with no pupils like a sand wing. she looked down " if you are not done staring we should get going, you made a lot of sky wings want to rip your wings off and use them as water scoops" inferno started back towards the sky wing kingdom and spotted the tip of the tallest tower and noticed how far away he was. "who are you?" he asked the hybrid "me? oh, I'm Barren".