The Silent Type

Maki POV:

This is.... An island....

An actual island... inside of the auditorium door....??

How the hell????? Is this even possible????

No confusion showed on me, but I'm sure this was clearly impossible.

But there was no way to deny the clear fact that I was looking through a door at an island.

The island had trees and grass a bit further in. There was golden sand leading up to the doorframe. Saihsra hesitatly looked at me before looking back. I wasnt sticking my feet in there!

Hinata was behind us. I glanced at him. The boy had a near desperate look on his face as he covered his face with his hands, leaning over.

Was he... crying?

Saihara didn't notice Hinata, he was fascinated with the island and the pure logictiscs of it existing. His shoes stepped onto the golden terrain and became shady. He leaned to one side, checking the outside of the door before doing the same for the right.

"This is.... impossible....." he whispered. I wondered what he meant.

Glancing back at Hinata one final time, I entered through the door. The first thing I noticed was the temperature change. It got several degrees hotter when I walked out, much like a summer day.

I then noticed the forest was much further away then I thought. There was also a few bathing towels and umbrellas scattered at the beach nearby to the left. After that, ocean went as far as I could see.

Around the doorframe was... Emtpy beach. The door stood in the middle of nowhere, with nothing behind it.

That.... is definitely defying physics....

Anyways, I don't think a physic defying door is the thing I should be focusing on while trapped here. I needed to get to the auditorium.

And I don't care what kind of punishment I get. I'm destroying Monokuma, and everything he stands for.

I didn't sacrifice my life last game for nothing.

Shuichi was still intrigued by the door. I dont blame him. I headed towards the towels and beach. There had to be more than us four here. It wouldn't make a very entertaining killing game if there wasn't. And I know Monokuma lives for entertainment.

Nobody was here. It was unnatural, with a beach this pretty, people should be flocking from everywhere to see it. I.... wouldn't know though.

I've never seen the sea before now.

I knelt down, not on the sun chairs, but the sand. It was hot, but not burning hot. A gentle feeling.

The waves gently crashed. They were only about up to knee height. It was a break from this slightly chaotic morning.

In fact, I shouldn't take breaks. As soon as I knelt down, I stood back up.

I needed to find out what was going on. The sooner, the better.

I can't dwell on such idealist things.

Up the beach I could spot two walking figures. I couldn't make out who they were or any things about them.

The best chance to figuring things out would be to confront them, even if it leds me nowhere.

I jogged up the beach to keep up with them. They turned around to greet me.

One had long blond hair with a few strands loosely hung on her shoulders. Her hair shone and dazzled in the sun. She wore a white polo top with puffy short sleeves and covered it in a dark green dress which reached slightly above her knees.