Forest Date

"Ugh..."

I felt like I just awoke from a trance, or deep sleep. Where... Am I?

My blurry eyes blinked to reveal the forest floor. Ugh, what happened.

Memories flooded back into me the instant I thought that. There was one answer.

"Ghost?!" My voice was powerful for someone having just woke up. How long was I out?

"Ugh, dude, chill." He hovered into existence above me, clutching his head. "We're on the same side now, no need to yell."

"What did you do? And where am I?" He was right about feeling fresh when I woke up, in fact I didn't feel any of the side effects. And by the way he's acting, he's probably the one feeling them all.

"Calm down, talk quieter." I huffed as he kept clutching his head.

"How long was I out? And why aren't I at the cabin?" I lowered my voice much to his delight.

"Ugh. I kept you going for as long as I could."

What's that meant to mean?

"What about Toko?" I asked. I must be safe, right?

"Toko?" He was taken off guard. "Oh right her. Yeah, I got you out of there."

"You haven't answered my question. Where am I?"

"Uh, well about that. I'm not really sure to be honest." He put his hand guiltily behind his neck.

".. Huh?"

"I kept you going for as long as you could without passing out or going to sleep. I didn't realise humans were so weak."

"So... How long did you keep me going without any sleep?" I was growing concerned.

"At least three weeks." He noticed my unamused expression and laughed. "I'm joking, calm down. It must of been, what? Four days? Plus one more because your body passed out before I could leave it."

"Five days...? Has anyone been murdered!"

"Chill, I don't know. I was mainly just trying to make sure nobody saw me. Not just because of the murder motive, just because I'm a horrible actor. They'd know somethings up."

"God..." I couldn't believe it. Five whole days... "I'm not letting you take control ever again!"

"Whoa dude, chillax." He backed his arms up. "I was trying to help you."

"How?" I was really skeptical of that reply, all things considered.

"I was trinna find the mastermind."

I never wanted him to say 'trinna' again. "Did you?"

"Does it look like it?" His voice was laced with sarcasm. "I've leant my mistake, I'm not trying that bs again." He waved at me. "Anyways Im gonna spy on Kiri, good luck!"

"Wait where am-" Too late. He had already faded out of existence. I grumbled to myself. Five whole days. Gone!

What if someone's already planning a murder but I dont know because I wasn't there!

Thoughts began plaguing my mind. The expansion of forest surrounded me and I really couldn't tell which way was which.

.
.
.

I'd been wondering for about half an hour before spotting movement. One thing I had noticed was that there wasn't really any animals or insects or anything. Weird. Maybe it's the same as it was in our killing game.

I ran to catch up to the movement, spotting blond hair from the bushes. I remembered the motive and hoped like hell that they wouldn't murder me.

"Hey!" As soon as my hand met his short, the short blond turned around, obviously angry. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

Don't panic Shuichi, just keep calm.

"I was just going ask which way it is back to the cabins..." Despite my self encouragement, my breath still hitched on some words as I made eye contact before glancing away again.

The blonde glanced me up and down, his expression growing curious. "Hey, aren't you the kid who went missing?"

"Uhm." How was I going to explain this. "I just got a bit lost."

Fantastic explanation Shuichi.

"Sure. Okay whatever, the cabins are back that way or something, just leave me alone." The blond turned back around as I noticed a flash of black near his eye.

"... Back what way?" The way he pointed was totally indistinguishable from the others and had no traces of being walked through.

"One of them just leave me alone." I could tell the blond was in a 'don't mess with me' mood but I actually really needed to know what way was back home. I wanted to visit Maki and Himiko, make sure their okay and assure them that I'm okay.

"..." I stayed quiet as he got increasingly irritated that I wasn't moving.

"If you're just staying there, you may as well be helpful." He ventured further into the woods before stopping and looking back. "You coming?"

I quickly followed as he walked down to a river. It was just then I realised I was intensely thirsty.

"Hey... Do you have any water...?" I asked. The blond looked away.

"I might." It was just now I noticed he was holding a huge black duffel bag. He chucked me a bottle. "Here."

I happily drunk as the short boy packed his bag up again. "We've never been introduced, have we?"

I finished drinking and passed it back. "I'm Shuichi Saihara...." I waited, asking myself if I should add Ultimate Detective or not, since it wasn't really real... "Apprentice Detective..." Compromise.

"Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu. Ultimate Yakuza."

Of course he's an ultimate. I'm pretty sure I've actually seen Tsumugi cosplay him... Which isn't real...

Shuichi, feel the ground underneath you, look at the guy in front of you, the sun shining down on you. Does this feel real. It is.

You are real.

"Yakuza?"

"I'd rather not talk about it." He went back to being curt as I quickly turned away, stepping back from the river.

"What are you doing out here anyways." I tried making conversation.

"Looking for firewood. I thought that was implied." He picked up a few sticks from beside me before staring up at me. "If you aren't helping then go away."

I quickly leant down, picking some small sticks up. Fuyuhiko looked down in disgust, with me still picking stuff up from the floor.

"We'll need sticks bigger than that." I switched out mine with bigger ones before continuing on, Fuyuhiko leading me deeper into the forest.