Motive

I stood facing the stage like everyone else. Monokuma hadn't arrived yet, but with the amount of people who were here, I assume he told everyone.

Where was he?? Did he mean another time? Everyone was already here... Well, not everyone. Himiko, Maki and the brown haired donut girl were yet to show up.

I stood by myself in a corner as everyone talked amongst themselves. It wasn't that I was antisocial I just... didn't exactly feel comfortable. My ghost had disappeared completely and I was left feeling naked and alone, facing a crowd of people older and smarter than me.

I didn't even notice Kirigiri approach until she spoke. It was incredibly lucky my ghost wasn't around, I don't know what his obsession with Kirigiri was and I was too afraid to ask.

"Nervous?" Her face stayed expressionless. Yeah. I was nervous. She probably wasn't, she looked almost at ease with this.

"A bit." I admitted. She closed her eyes, allowing herself to relax. I didn't even notice she was that uptight until she relaxed.

"Me too." Really?

She didn't look nervous at all. In fact she looked the complete opposite. While I probably had a nervous look on my face, hers was cold and analytical.

"Why are you nervous?" I asked. She looked at me curiously before I elaborated. "I mean, you've done this before, right?"

I mean, I was meant to pretend that I hadn't been in a killing game before, so this works, right?

She sighed. "No matter how many killing games I've been in, there's always a risk I might die."

She glanced to the side. "In fact I nearly died. Once. I was on trial, everyone suspected me."

"What happened?"

I followed her gaze to see she was looking at Makoto. "Makoto directed the blame to himself... Saving me... If he hadn't of done that... I don't know what would have happened."

I had to admit, the situation did remind me of myself and Kaede. We were both trying to direct blame to ourselves just so we couldn't lose the other person. In the end, she convinced everyone it was her.

Turns out that was a lie.

"You look like you're thinking about something." Kirigiri stated before her tone softened. "Remembering your friends and family?"

I didn't have any friends or family. Aside from Himiko and Maki. I would like them to be my family.

"Not really." I admitted. Well I wasn't, since I had none.

I guess I could admit to the fact I had no family. I mean, she doesn't have to know the details about it and it's better than just creating characters out of thin air and called them family.

Even with my uncle and stuff, now that I know the truth that they're not real I fell... detached. Not completely, obviously, but I don't want to pretend they're still real. Maki would call me foolish. I think she's the only one out of our group who doesn't miss her past. I don't know exactly what memories they gave her, but supposedly they were gruesome and horrific.

"I don't exactly have a family aside from Maki and Himiko." Kirigiri's face softened in pity.

"Oh.... I'm sorry...." She glanced to the side. "If it makes you feel any better my only father died to Junko."

It didn't.

"I'm sorry to hear that."

I turned my attention back to the stage as loud music started playing. Monokuma popped out of the ground, twirling around and humming along to the music.

I sighed. Here we go.

"Attention fuckers!" I've never heard Monokuma swear. Now that his dancing and twirling had stopped he actually seemed kind of pissed. His claws were out, and his red eye seemed to blare more the usual as his eyebrows narrowed. I guess those were signs of anger, I mean I could imagine them being signs for anything else.

"Appppparently, some of you allegedly found a hole in my plan. You thought you could just use a loophole and get out of this whole thing." As he spoke, I looked around, wondering who he was talking about. Most people's eyes were focused towards the stage though, with varying degrees of anger or fear in their faces.

"However that loophole has now been fixed! I hope you're happy with yourself. You know who you are! Anyways, sorry for the announcements being delayed, we had to totally rework a full motive because someone thought they could hack the system. Anyways now presenting the motive.!"

"Okay, so everyone is in team, this isn't just for this motive, this is for every motive by the way. Team One is the Originals, the star students, the ones who took down Junko!" The room dimmed and flashlights started appearing on students. "Team One consists of Byakuya, Makoto, Kirigiri, Yasuhiro, Aoi and Toko." Monokuma read out names as the flashlight followed his list. "Oh yeah, Aoi and her gang are watching this on a live feed projected to the hospital. So don't think they're missing out in too much."

"Team Two, the despair bros, the one where everyone technically lives because anime always have to have a happy ending. This team consists of Hajime, Sonia, Akane, Fuyuhiko and Souda." The flashlights dimmed from the other students and followed these students. I was nervous of what he would describe our team as. He wouldn't give us away right?

The lights dimmed as I waited anxiously. "And team three. The..." I saw Monokuma glance over me with a concerned gaze. Maybe he knew what was going through my brain... "...The newcomers. This teams is Shuichi, Maki and Himiko." The lights faded back in again as he continued talking.

"Also, if you haven't guessed, every team shares a cabin, starting tonight. Anyways I should get into the motives,  I keep getting distracted."

"Okay. So, you all have loved ones who you miss dearly. We've all seen you slave over them, become friends and even best friends with some people who are no longer with us. Well guess what. I'm basically God, so what if I told you, I could revive them."

...

What.

What was he on.

Its... Its impossible to bring someone back to life, no matter how powerful you are.

Even so a part of me brain thought of Kaede... And Kaito...

I wanted them both back... I wanted to be friends with them all over again. Even the mere thought of seeing them again was shattering.

Buts it's impossible.

It's impossible to bring someone back to life, it's impossible to murder someone and it's impossible to survive a class trial.

"I know you guys are thinking it's impossible... But, it's honestly just a simple matter of quantum physics." I don't know why he was dragging science into this, none of this seemed based in science, even quantum science.

He continued. "If you kill someone and get away with being the blackened. I will revive the person of your choosing. Be it from these games or your personal life."

I couldnt help but think. I bet others were thinking too.

"I'll leave it for you guys to mull over. Adios!" With that he left, leaving everyone's mind thinking, turning, mulling it over.

But nobody here would kill...

I looked around....

...Right?