Start Game

Himiko POV

"Why are you so calm?" I accused Kirigiri. She turned her head. A shiver went up my spine. She could look right through me with those eyes! Even if I had nothing to hide.

"Its okay." Makoto waved his hands in front of him and putting himself between me and Kirigiri. "Shes just bad at showing emotions."

Kirigiri gave him a Look™️ as he instantly sobered. "I can speak for myself Makoto." She walked away down the beach, flicking her hair behind her. Makoto ran after her, promptly apologising.

She accepted the apology.

I stared after her. The purple haired girl turned around. "You coming..? We need to find out where the auditorium is."

"Aah! Yeah of course!" I shouted, holding onto my hat as I raced down the beach beside her.

Aoi and Yasuhiro ran after me. Aoi was still holding her donut, even if it was in her mouth. Yasuhiro was... praying? I don't blame him.

Although it does remind me of-

...

No time to focus on stuff that can't be changed.

"What's your ultimate?" I asked Kirigiri.

"I'm the ultimate detective." She didn't even glance at me. She remained cold and analytical. It kind of scared me. Maybe because I was jealous. I wish I could be that cold and mysterious. Nobody would mess with me then.

"Wait, did you say ultimate detective!?" I asked. She was taken back by my enthusiasm.

"... Yes..? Should I be scared?" She asked, laughing a tiny bit. Oh. So she wasn't that cold or analytical. Makoto beside her was glowing with pride.

"Oh... No... Its just one of my friends is a detective too!" I exclaimed. Makoto and Kirigiri smiled.

"I'm sure I'd love to meet them one day." Kirigiri smiled, and Makoto, once more, gleamed with pride.

.
.
.

We kept moving along the beach until Makoto suggested we go inland. We kept going through the Bush, eventually coming across a path in the mass dense of forest, following that, and being welcomed to the auditorium, it you could even call it that.

It was leaf roofed, with the many tall trees around it making up the walls and their leaves as the roof. They was a stage made of similar wood to the trees around it, and the floor was littered with small stones and leaves. It would look kind of poetic if I wasn't already scared of what was to come.

The stage was empty. The only other people here aside from our group was a blond boy with glasses leaning against a tree and another short blond boy in the center.

The short blond looked up from the ground he was staring at to us. "Whos the new girl?" He asked almost violently.

"This is Himiko!" I let Aoi introduce me. "And there's no need to take that tone, jesus."

"Didn't miss ya Aoi." Fuyuhiko eyed the girl before closing his eyes and allowing a small smile to crack onto his lips. "Ah, who am I kidding. I guess it's kind of nice having someone positive round here."

He looked towards me and I got the same feeling that I got from Kirigiri. That he was judging me, studying me. Looking for my weaknesses. And by Atua, I had a lot.

"A- Ah!" Everyone turned their head towards a girl in a long dress who had just ran in. I heard the unknown blond in the corner sigh loudly and disappointedly.