Virus Post Apocolypse

A virus was released worldwide killing humankind nearly instantly. Hybrids, however, were safe as their altered DNA made them immune. They ruled the earth now and any humans that might have survived were never heard of.

You were one of those humans, although as far as you're aware you are the last. You hadn't seen any others since the fall when violent hybrids went rioting and broke into homes, killing any of the humans that hadn't died yet. Your own family had been one of them. A group of wolf hybrids had broken in and killed your already sick and dying family. You had been saved only because your father hid you under him, the smell of his sickness blocking you from their noses.

When it was safe, you buried your family and packed a bag of your most precious things, heading out into the world to hide from roving hybrid packs. You'd assumed you'd be dead soon enough, but every day you kept waking up alive, leading you to believe that you too were immune to the virus.

One day, you become wounded after fighting off yet another cruel hybrid and after running as far as you could, pass out. When you come to, you're in a hybrid's home as he's caring for your wound. He offers you food and sanctuary, and although you don't trust him, you could barely walk and knew you needed to rest. Days go by and his manner never changes, always treating you with kindness and respect, and you begin to believe that you might be safe here.