Chapter 4- Truth or Dare

"Truth or dare?" Tiff asked as the bottle pointed towards Romeo.

The cloud of smoke made Nataly look at Jaz, who blew it. But Jaz turned her head the other way, when Romeo looked at her.

"Truth." Romeo said in his gravelly voice. It looked like his soul wasn't in his body but in a flesh prison. He was so weird.

"Have you ever cheated?" Tiff asked and Jaz nudged her, her eyes alarmed. Like she shouldn't have asked that.

"On a test?" Tiff added and Jaz rolled her eyes, lying down on her right arm.

Romeo didn't even blink, before answering. "Yes."

"Lame question, girl." Soy said.

"And why do you always dress like you're at a funeral?" Tiff continued like she was on a personal attack. "It's a party, for God's sake."

Romeo looked at his ensemble—black shoes, black pants, and a black sweatshirt—and brought his cigarette to his lips.

"If you can dress in joggers without going for a run, then I can dress like this without going to a funeral." He exhaled the smoke through his nostrils.

"Whatever!" Tiff scowled amongst the chuckles, crossing her jogger-clad legs and passed the bottle to Jaz. "Your turn to spin."

Everyone watched the bottle spin in anticipation and it finally landed on Adam.

Nataly perked up. She only knew Adam on the surface level but now she had the chance to know about his personality. His choice would let her know if Adam had no skeletons in his closet or if he was up for an adventure.

"Dare." Adam said and the skeletons waved at Nataly. She couldn't care less about his 'adventurous' side. The term had become so mainstream, anyway. He was obviously scared of being honest about something.

"I dare you to kiss any one of us, anywhere you want." Jaz winked at him and Nataly rolled her eyes.

What a stupid dare. She thought. This wouldn't show any of his personality traits. It would only show who in here, Adam was comfortable enough to kiss. Something Nataly wasn't too excited to find out.

She reluctantly turned her head to check it out but everything happened so fast, she couldn't even process it.

His lips pressed against her cheek, so tenderly, so quick that she almost felt like it didn't happen.

"Done." Adam announced and everyone applauded.

"That's some pussy ass shit." Usher said, disapprovingly. It was too gentlemanly for his taste. He was used to girls licking his cheeks like a chocolate bar. "At least make out with her."

"Unsworth, you lucky bitch." Jaz commented.

Nataly gently scratched the spot on her cheek that seemed to have caught on flames. She felt nervous and hot all over.

"What's happening here?" A repugnant voice demanded, before Nataly's brain could go into overdrive.

Nick Rodgers and Sam Stevens stood there, their faces gleaming with sweat. Their clothes were in a disarray from all the dancing, eyes were red from all the drinking and they were ready to play all night.

"Homies!" Harvey greeted, enthused to finally see someone his age. "Sit yo asses down!"

Harvey didn't even want to be there but had sat through the whole thing just for the sake of his girlfriend. And because he was too high and comfortable on the couch to even get up.

He handed them each a drink, meanwhile, his girlfriend resorted to staring daggers at them.

Friends of my boyfriend. Friends of my boyfriend. FRIENDS OF MY BOYFRIEND. She chanted in her mind. That was the only thing Soy reasoned herself with, whenever she had the urge to kick their asses.