Chapter 17- Lift Me Up

"You cannot tell Jenkins that you're not dating Cooper." Jaz said.

"Jaz." Tiff gasped. "Your friend tells you a heart wrenching story of finally managing to kiss her crush, only for the moment to be ruined by a stupid frat boy and you tell her to run with it?"

"Exactly. How heartless of you, Jaz!" Soy made a melodramatic face. "You should tell her to date them both, instead."

"It sure looked like that." Nataly huffed at her friends' sarcasm. "Arthur kept calling me 'baby'."

"Just call Adam." Tiff suggested, as simple as that.

"He's not answering my calls or texts!" Nataly scorned, staring at her phone. Adam didn't talk to her the whole weekend and showing up to his house, begging for attention seemed stalker-esque to Nataly. "It's cute how people think they get to respond whenever they want."

"I would just ignore him until he reaches out first." Ruby offered her stance on the matter.

"Didn't see him at school today." Jaz added. "He must be pretty hurt."

Nataly whimpered. "He must totally think that I was two-timing him!"

"So what? Guys do it all the time." Soy defended, stuck to her phone screen. "If my fucking boyfriend can DM random girls, you can at least make out with a guy without any commitments."

Soy would hack into Harvey's Instagram account, every other week. It was like an obsession to her.

"Kate doesn't wanna know that you're going to a party at Suburban Heights tonight, you fucking clown!" Soy yelled at her phone.

Nataly stared at her psychotic friend. "I actually like Adam."

"Like, like like him?" Jaz teased.

"I have feelings for him." Nataly accepted and looked toward the heavens for aid. "Oh, God. Why can't I just have him call me?!"

That's when her cellphone rang. Arthur's name flashed on the screen.

Jaz laughed, noticing the same. "I love God."

"I didn't mean him." Nataly rolled her eyes, before picking up. "Hello."

"Hey, baby!" Arthur chirped and Nataly scrunched her nose, nauseated from the stupid fucking pet name.

Seriously, how did couples do it?

"What's up?"

"My friend's throwing a party tonight." Arthur announced. "What time should I pick you up?"

"It's a school night." Nataly replied.

And I don't wanna see your face.

"Oh, come on. It's only Monday." He stated. "How much homework could you possibly have?"

"Tons." She deadpanned.

"Tell you what? The whole St. Martin's crowd is gonna be there." He began, enthusiastically. "I'll bully one of your classmates into doing your homework for you, while you can make out with me."

That piqued Nataly's interest. "What's the venue again?"

"Suburban Heights."

"I'll meet you there." She hung up and beamed at her friends. "Let's end the two-timing once and for all."

At 9 PM, the girls stood inside Arthur's friend's girlfriend's brother's friend's house. They took in the high ass ceilings, the herringbone floor and the double exposure windows. It was a murder site.

So, it was only appropriate to start with Harvey.

"Who the fuck is that?!" Soy exclaimed, watching Harvey groove with a redhead.