Chapter 16- Cocktail

On Friday, the girls arrived at Cindy Lopez's birthday party. The time was 8 PM and the dress code was cocktail.

It was all planned by Cindy's girlfriend, Felicity Alford, whose house was also the party venue. The two crossed paths in 2014, during freshman year and were dating seniors at the time.

They didn't like each other's boyfriends so they became each other's girlfriends.

Cindy was known as the best Columbian import next to cocaine and Felicity had this snobby celebrity vibe to her but in reality, she wasn't as snobby as she looked.

"My dog only drinks bottled water!" Felicity yelled at the server. "Do you even know who I am?!"

So maybe, she was a little snobby.

"Would you move?!" She waved her hand that also held the leash to her miniature black poodle named Barbie. "You're blocking the entrance!"

Barbie barked once and followed her owner, who strutted toward the front door.

"What a bitch." Ruby remarked.

"Who? Felicity or Barbie?" Jaz joked.

"Screw her. Where's the food?" Tiff said. She had a really light lunch just so she could stuff up on the free appetizers. She was starving.

"Yeah, I'm hungry." Soy on the other hand, hadn't eaten anything since this morning to fit in her very tight and very red silk dress. She was close to fainting.

Nataly watched her friends head for the dinner buffet and scanned the dance floor, hoping she could find Adam. She was excited to see him all dressed up.

But all she saw was a crowd full of familiar strangers.

An hour later, still a no-show. Nataly never thought that she'd miss Adam half as much as she did. She never thought she'd feel this way about him.

"Why are you sitting here?!" Ruby asked over the loud music, finding Nataly seated on the couch. "Let's go dance!"

She dragged Nataly off to the dance floor where Jaz and Soy were wagging their shoulders, encircling each other with their arms.

Nataly busted a few moves but she wasn't really feeling the beat. What she needed was some Pitbull or Bad Bunny, maybe even Drake.

Just then, Hips Don't Lie by Shakira came up and everyone started to gyrate to the music. Nataly was pumped.

She swayed her hip seductively, left to right and was about to really go for it, when a pair of hands rested on her waist.

She turned around and her lips stretched into the biggest grin. There he was. "Hi."

Adam's gaze swept over her face, lingering on her sweet and sexy black dress for a moment. "You look beautiful."

He was wearing a black Saint Laurent suit, keeping the top buttons of his white shirt open. His black Gucci loafers shone in the wealthiest of ways.

"And you look expensive." Nataly joked.

What she really wanted to say was, 'you look so hot, I literally fucking hate you'. She liked the fact that they were matching, a little too much.

Adam cocked his head. "Is that good?"

"You look great, Adam." Nataly validated, reaching out to touch his arm.

Adam held her arm and slid his hand down, till it was holding hers. Feeling Adam's touch on top of the black gloves Nataly had on was tantalizing. The pearl bracelet on her wrist dangled with her excitement.