Chapter 4

Cassie walks into the kitchen, her head in her phone.
In front of the fridge, she looks up and spots her parents sat at the table, looking serious and with a bunch of papers between them.

"Sit down, Cassie." Nate says, motioning to a chair.

Cassie frowns, putting her phone in her pocket and slowly sitting on the chair. "What's happening?"

(Y/N) spins the laptop and her daughter's eyes widen at the screen.

"That's -"

"Everything we know about Atlantis. And more. We dug up a few old contacts." Nate says.

"So this means I'm going to Spain?"

"By yourself? No." (Y/N) replies and Nate sighs, heavily.

"Then who's coming with me? You said gramps is too old and so are you two."

"Hey! Enough with the old, young lady." (Y/N) tuts and Cassie chuckles.

"No, your mother and I have decided that we should go with you."

"Yeah, we know this type of stuff, Cass. Plus, we've been against worst people then Jax." (Y/N) adds.

"What do you mean? The time when Navarro kidnapped you. Or how about when Flynn blew you up? No, wait, when Talbot almost hit you over the head with a rock? What about when Rafe almost stabbed you."

Cassie recalls the number of times her mom has been in danger and sighs. "Mom, you have permanent damage from a freaking grenade and I don't want that to get worse."

"Honey, I've been doing this a lot longer than either of you, remember?"

"You said Jax was dangerous, I don't want to be responsible for that. Maybe it should just be me and dad." Cassie suggests.

"I don't think so. Your dad has a tendency of blowing things up." (Y/N) recalls, earning a glare from her husband. "Besides, I over-exaggerated with Jax. He's probably not that bad, he just has a lot of money."

"We should just steal some from him instead, would be easier than Atlantis." Nate grumbles, (Y/N) elbowing him.

Cassie stares at the laptop for a good while and then back up to her parents. "If you guys are sure you want to help me with this." She finally says.

"Of course we are, sweetie. If this is what you want then we'll do anything to help you." (Y/N) answers, giving her daughter's hands a reassuring squeeze.

Nate pushes an envelope towards her. "Besides, we already went through with it."

Cassie opens the envelope and is shocked to find three tickets to Cadiz, Spain.

"We figured we would start there, since it's believed Atlantis is on the coast. If not, we find out more." (Y/N) shrugs.

"Yeah, Elena got us access to some of their areas where they keep things on the down low." Nate adds.

"Now she's a big journalist globally, she was happy to help." (Y/N) says.

"So this is for real? We're actually going?" Cassie asks, dumbfounded.

"We actually are going. Tonight. I suggest you hurry and pack a bag." Nate instructs and she nods, running to the stairs. Turning back, she smiles. "Thanks mom, dad. I love you."

"We love you too." They reply, smiling back.

Once she was up the stairs, (Y/N) drops her head into her hands. "What if she's right, Nate? What if Jax tries something?" She asks.

"Nothing's going to happen, (Y/N), I promise." He replies, taking her into his arms.

"You don't know that." She mumbles against his chest.

"I do know that Jax is never going near you again."

"Call me when you get there. Oh! And I want pictures. Lots and lots of pictures."

"Yes, Sam, we get it." (Y/N) says.

"Give Cassie a hug from me too. Victor said bring him back something shiny." Sam tells her and she chuckles.

"I'll try. I have to go, we're boarding." Nate waves her over. "Okay, bye princess. Tell Nathan what I said and that I said bye."

"Yes, Sam, I know. Bye, bye." (Y/N) hangs up the phone and Nate laughs. "He's just excited."

"Well then why isn't he coming along?" She grumbles.

"What did we say?" Nate chides and she sighs.

"Nothing will happen."

"Good, now c'mon. Cassie's waiting." He links their hands and proceeds to follow their daughter onto the plane.

Cadiz, Spain

(Y/N) steps off the plane, her sunglasses perched on her head. "All the places we've been. Never once Spain." She realises and Nate chuckles. "Oh yeah."

"Come on then, parents! To the hotel!" Cassie shouts, pointing forwards and dragging her suitcase along.

"Remind me how old she is again."

"Eighteen." Nate says.

"Yeah that's what I thought."

Nate shakes his head, smiling and taking his wife's hand, following Cassie through the airport and out onto the streets of Spain. The trio make their way past stalls in the markets and (Y/N) stops to appreciate it.

"Mom, come on!"

"Cassie, when you're on a hunt for a city, you've got to appreciate the scenery too, right Nathan?"

Nate nods and Cassie groans in annoyance, but looks at some stalls anyway. Her father joins her, the two having their backs to (Y/N), looking at a different stall. She picks up some fresh fruit, enjoying the calm, yet bustling market, away from her 'normal' life at home.

Looking up, she spots a man, out of place, and frowns. Checking to make sure Nate and Cassie weren't looking, she heads off towards him.

The man was dressed in black trousers and a white shirt, his hair slicked back with only one strand out of place. (Y/N) pretends to be interested in a nearby stall, eyeing him up.

"I want a search of the town. Somebody has to know something." The man orders, his accent American.

And that's when it clicks.

The man looks up and spots (Y/N) staring. He gives her a smirk, holding out his arms.

"Why, Miss (L/N)... it's been a while."