Chapter 13

Sully steers the long-tail boat that they're on where Elena was directing him through the earpiece.

A storm gathers in the distance. Dark clouds rolling into one. The thunder brewing in its mix.

Sam hands (Y/N) over a beer and she scoffs. "I don't think now's the time."

"You're stressed. Just have a drink, (Y/N)." He instructs, clearly trying to keep calm.

Reluctantly, she takes it and drinks. The cool liquid of the beer soothing her. Smoke emits from Sam's mouth and he flicks the ash from his cigarette, leaning on the side of the boat.

(Y/N) stands, leaning her back on the rail and taking a swig of her drink.

"When I found Nate and after all that shit with Rafe... I promised I would be there more." Sam trails off.

"This isn't your fault." (Y/N) tells him.

"Isn't it? I'm the one who planted this idea in Cassie's head. If it wasn't for me, she wouldn't want to be here!"

They fall silent.

He takes another drag of his cigarette and (Y/N) eyes it. "Y'know, smoking's bad for you." She states and Sam looks at her, confused.

"Yes, we've been here before remember?"

"Bad for your lungs."

"Princess, are you trying to lecture me on a habit I've had for almost my whole life?"

"You won't let me lecture you on how it's not your fault so that's what we're going with." (Y/N) shrugs.

Sam chuckles, but sighs and shakes his head. "You know what..." He begins, pointing.

She smiles, a broken and defeated smile. He notices this and holds his arms open. "Bring it in, sister." He whispers and she collapses into him, the two holding on tight to each other.

"We're gonna get them back, I promise." Sam mutters.

"I know, and then we find Atlantis and take the son of a bitch out." (Y/N) replies.

"There she is. There's our (Y/N)." Sully shouts from the wheel and Sam has to repeat it to her before she chuckles.

Flashback

"Come on, Cass, look at the camera." (Y/N) coos.

The little baby in her husband's arms gurgles and the new mother awes, filming. "Nate, she's so adorable." She gushes.

"She's your child too, (Y/N)." Nate chuckles and she nods.

"I know, I know. And I would do anything for her." She replies, kissing the small baby's forehead. "This is it now, Nate. No more games or one last times." (Y/N) whispers.

Nate kisses his wife, smiling. He didn't need anything else. His whole world was right here in this hospital room.

(Y/N) shifts in her bed, still filming. "We're going home, Cassie."

"(Y/N)! (Y/N), did you see that? Are you recording this?" Nate exclaims, his voice soft.

"Yeah, I got it, I got it!"

Their baby daughter had latched her tiny hand around Nate's pinky, clinging on tightly.

Present

Sam nudges (Y/N) gently, her head resting on his shoulder. "We've got them." He tells her and she stands quickly, rushing to the rail.

The boat in front of them had stopped, the only movement from the swaying of the angering ocean.

"They've found it." She breathes out.

"What are you talking about, kid?" Sully asks, joining the two with a cigar in his mouth.

"They've found Atlantis."