Chapter 14

(Y/N) taps her fingers against the railing of the boat. "Well?"

Sam sighs, handing her over the binoculars. "Diving crew. No Cassie or Nate." She takes a look for herself, scanning the entirety of the ship and Sully stands with her. "Kid?"

Pulling away the binoculars, she shakes her head. "Nowhere."

"Then they must have them in a room somewhere. I say march over there and get our family back." Sully exclaims.

"I think you mean swim, and we can't just go over there." (Y/N) says, rubbing her eyes.

"Since when have we ever planned on what to do?" Sam asks her.

"Since my eighteen year old daughter got involved." She snaps back.

Sam nods, holding up his hands in surrender. "You're right, you're right. So what is the plan?"

"Just let me think."

The two men move away from (Y/N), giving her space. Lightning strikes in the distance and rain begins to fall lightly, the waves becoming that little bit more violent.

"I have nothing." She breathes out, her hands gripping the rail until her knuckles turned white.

Sam calmly blows the smoke out of his mouth from his cigarette. "(Y/N), there's no other way."

"He's right, kid. Not when we're out in the middle of nowhere." Sully adds, the cigar hung loosely in his mouth.

Defeated, she nods. "We swim over. It's too risky to get any closer. Take down anyone." She states.

"Lucky we bought supplies." Sam says with a smirk.

The two lead (Y/N) into the cabin and put the silver metal box on the table. Sully clicks the lid open and lets it fall. A spare change of clothes was piled on top, and once she had removed them, there sat a GPS, handguns and a flare. A grappling hook was folded neatly with is and she picks it up.

"What are you gonna do with this?"

"Grapple up the side." Sam shrugs.

"You're seriously telling me you're going to be able to do that whilst floating in the water?" She questions.

"Princess, I'm a professional." Sam boasts and she rolls her eyes, putting it back again.

She then takes out one of the handguns and loads it, holstering it in her belt and letting her T-shirt fall over it. Sam and Sully grabs there's, Sully also grabbing the flare and Sam the GPS. The grappling hook hung by his side.

"Elena will be tracking us once we go for Atlantis." He explains. "Or in case they decide to sail off and leave us stranded."

(Y/N) shakes her head, but chuckles slightly as his humour. "Okay, ready to go?" She asks and Sam pushes his cigarette into the ashtray they had.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"Sully, you up for this?"

"Always."

(Y/N) heads out of the cabin and walks to the side of the boat, using the binoculars to see if anything had changed.

"Looks like we can climb up the starboard side, less of a hassle." She says.

Putting them away again, she keeps her breathing steady, climbing over the rail and looking down at the choppy waters.

"Shit, this is going to be cold." She mutters.

Taking a deep breath, (Y/N) jumps, plunging into the icy and raging waters.

Coming up for air, she wastes no time in making her way across to the ship, looking back to see the other two following her. (Y/N) powers on, finally reaching the ship and Sam swims up beside her.

He gathers his strength and throws the grapple up, letting it latch onto the side and making him smirk.

"See, first try."

"No one likes a show off." (Y/N) retorts, letting Sully climb up first.

She the next one to climb up the rope, dropping onto the deck and crouching down, the water dripping heavily off her. She shakes her head to rid it out of her ears  Sam finally joins them and the three slowly make their way to the bow of the ship.

They stealthily take out any men positioned around and keep an eye out for Cassie and Nate.

"They're really going all out." (Y/N) mumbles, staring at their mounds of diving equipment.

"(Y/N), over here!" Sam whisper-yells.

She makes her way over to the two who stand in front of a door. "What?"

"They're here. Nate and Cassie." Sully says.

Sam turns the handle off the door and curses silently, proceeding to ram his shoulder into it. "Shit, it's locked."

(Y/N) kneels down, taking out a hairpin and jamming it in the lock.

"Hurry up, kid."

She quickly unpicks the lock, pushing it open to the sight of Cassie sat against the wall. Nate sat by her side. Blood covered his T-shirt and his face, his eyes drooping.

"Nate." (Y/N) breathes, rushing over.

"Mom!" Cassie tears up, hugging her mother tightly and once letting go, turning to the other two.

"Uncle Sam? Gramps?" She questions, but is beyond happy to see them.

(Y/N) kneels down next to her husband, gently placing a hand on his face.

"God, what have they done." She whispers.

"(Y/N)..."

"I'm here, cowboy and I promise you, I will take that son-of-a bitch down."