4. Amazing ability, Double trouble

Who are these guys? Is there something wrong? Am I in danger?

-"No, selfish boy, you aren't, and thanks for thinking about our safety too, and not only yours", said sarcastically the annoying woman. Wait, didn't Samantha mention her name?

-"Wait a second, missy. You're Amanda?", I asked.

-"Thereby, even the most stupid man can end up understanding something. Yes, I am, honey. I'm even amazed you figured it out all by yourself."

-"Oh, shut up, now."

-"So, John and Dave, what did you do this time?", Samantha said, in a tired and weary tone.

The two guys that had come in were actually two teenagers. The tallest one, who was about 17 years old, had blonde hair and blue eyes while the second, who was approximately 15 years old, was the complete opposite: he had dark hair and brown eyes. But despite these differences, they both had the same amused expression and genuine smile on their faces. The two exchanged a look, and a silent dialogue took place between them.

The eldest one spoke: "We were just chilling in the hall when we heard Chris coming towards us and..."

-"We definitely didn't think of putting a spider on the ground and closing the door, leaving Chris alone with the spider..."

-"Nah we didn't do anything like that, right, John? We'd never do something like that..."

-"OK, enough boys. Get back to your rooms now please", Amanda said calmly.

-"Woah!" I exclaimed. "You can be really nice sometimes!"

-"Dear, please, I'm the definition of kindness. You just don't know me yet."

-"Yeah, yeah, that's it..."

She raised an eyebrow and replied: "You doubt my word?"

-"Guys calm down," sighed Samantha. "Boys, go upstairs now. And Paul, technically, yeah, you don't know her yet. You guys only met yesterday."

-"But that's unfair!  She knows everything about me, and I know nothing!"

-"Take it positively," slipped the 17 years old boy, whose name, I  suppose, was Dave. "She has been stalking you all these years, man, you're lucky", he added, with a smirk.

Amanda rolled her eyes: "Dave, Leave now! We have some important business to discuss and you can't stay. John, you too, go with your brother."

The two boys rushed out of the office trying to guess what could be this important discussion about.

-"So these two are brothers!?

-"I know it may seem hard to believe but, yeah, Paul, they are. Their parents died three years ago, in a mission and they didn't have anywhere to go, so we took them and raised them here", explained Samantha.

-"So all the kids whose parents were time-travelers live here now?"

-"Yes, they do, dear."

-"And, umm, do people die frequently in missions? Is being a time-traveler that dangerous?

-"Yes Paul, it is, and that's how most of us discover our identities. After the loss of our parents."

I noticed that after the boys went, throughout the whole conversation, Amanda didn't say a word, which was, even for me who met her only yesterday, really odd.

-"But your parents are still alive, so how did you... how did you know that you were a time-traveler?"

-"It's actually a funny story. My mum had asked me to go buy the ingredients she needed for the dinner, and so on my way to the grocery's store, the air shimmered around me, and Amanda suddenly appeared right in front of me."