37. Finally Answers...

-"Boys!" Amanda cleared her throat.

-"What?" we both whipped our heads towards her.

-"I'm sure becoming friends and all that is great, but I'm afraid we have more important matters on hand."

-"Oh, yes, right. Sorry," we muttered.

-"So, when do you want to do it?" she asked.

-"Tomorrow would be good?" Sam suggested.

-"Yeah, that's fine by me," I approved.

-"Yep with me, too," Mike agreed.

-"Wonderful! We'll go tomorrow morning, then. We'll also have to-"

-"Amy, I think I'll have to leave now, to go check whatever it was the mechanics were complaining about," Nathan interrupted her.

-"Alright, Nath, you go talk to them, I'll stay here with Sam and Paul..."

-"And me," Mike chimed in.

-"...to fix the details and make our last minute plans for tomorrow," she brushed him off.

-"Sounds good," Nathan agreed. And with a final wink, he teleported himself, leaving us all bathing in the awkward atmosphere that followed his exit.

-"Alrighty," Mike started, breaking the silence. "At which hour do you want to be there? Ah, but wait, we don't have the exact hour or minute," he frowned.

-"Exactly," Amanda cut him short. "We'll have to go from the beginning of the day, and wait in a smaller alley or any other hiding place."

-"Brilliant idea!" I commented. "That way, whenever Bob will show up, we'll be there to see everything-- from start to finish."

-"Precisely."

-"Who will be coming? We shouldn't bring many people, so as not to get restrained by our large number," Sam reasoned.

-"Good point," Amanda nodded. "I think it's essential to have you and Paul in the team that'll be going."

-"Yeah, you're right, but I don't know... I don't think I could handle seeing my husband..."

Amy smiled in understanding. "It's okay, Sam, I get you. You can stay here if you want, or you can come with us tomorrow if you wake up feeling like it."

-"I'll think about it," my friend replied, smiling feebly. "Thanks."

-"Anytime, Sam. Now, who are we adding to the group?"

-"I think it's only fair that both you and Emma come since you went to Bob's meetings with me."

-"That makes four of us-- if Sam's coming, of course."

-"I believe Mike should come too, because-"

-"I was the one who told you to go directly to the day when Bob died."

-"Yeah, exactly," I confirmed.

-"But... Isn't five a little too much? What if someone sees us, or, I don't know, what if our hiding spot isn't wide enough for five adults?" Amanda pondered.

-"We..." I started.

-"...find another hideaway?" Mike continued.

-"Plus, backup is essential. What if only you and I go and find ourselves trapped with Bob by whoever was the assassin? We're going to need another duo or trio to back us up."

-"So all we have to do is go together to that street, and then divide into two groups," my favorite new-comer carried on.

-"Fine," Amanda conceded. "You boys do make a fair point. But for the love of God, stick to the plan, and don't do anything I wouldn't do."