2

Jenna watched through bleary eyes as several doctors, nurses and various techs ran into her room. Her temperature was taken, as was her blood pressure. She was poked, prodded, x-rayed, asked if this or that hurt. Just when she was ready to scream in frustration, a large figure entered her room. When he saw the tears rolling down her face, he spoke up.

"Doctors, nurses, please step aside. Dr. McGregor is the patient's personal physician and would like to examine her patient." When no one moved, the large Scotsman roared. People scattered. Nurses frowned, Doctors tried to take him to task.

"Sir, this is a hospital. A place a healing. Loud noises like that can seriously disturb and upset our patients."

The large Scotsman looked down and glared at the doctor. "Have you given one thought to your patient, doctor? Have you cared to notice the tears of fear and frustration rolling down her face? Or were you merely trying to get information for the report you plan on putting in a medical journal? Hmmm?"

"Angus, my love, please escort everyone but this nurse out of the room." His wife Elizabeth indicated the nurse that was holding Jenna's hand. 

Elizabeth turned back to her patient, fully trusting her husband to do the job of clearing the room. As the last doctor left, another large man entered the room. This one bigger than the Scot, who was easily 6'5. The other man was at least another 2 to 3 inches taller. When he saw the tears rolling down his friends face, Angus had to stand in front of him with his hands raised.

"Easy Eric. She just woke up. Elizabeth is about to examine her. If you want to stay, you have to behave." Angus watched as the man known in the wrestling world as "The Beast" focus on the young woman lying in the hospital bed. Never taking his eyes off of Jenna, he nodded.

Elizabeth reached the hospital bed and patted her hand. "It's all right, sweetie. I'll let you know just what is going on as soon as I look you over. I'll discuss your injuries as I exam you. Okay?" The doctor took out a pen and notepad and started writing notes on her patients conditions. When she finished, she laid pen and paper aside to address her friend and patient.

"Alright sweetie, first off, you have a severe concussion. Since you have been in a medical-induced coma for three weeks, it's pretty much healed. Your left cheek was shattered along with the orbital bone. The plastic surgeon had to replace it with an implant. The healing has been going well. One ear had to be reattached. Your left shoulder was dislocated. You had several cracked and broken ribs. You also have various bruises, scratches and cuts. Last but not least, your vocal cords were damaged. The assailant tried to strangle you and it severely bruised them. It will take some time, but it's okay. I know for a fact that you speak sign language and that you have taught several people, as well."

Elizabeth stood and faced the elderly nurse. "How has she been doing?"

"She has nightmares. Even in the coma. She would cry tears and you could tell that she was reliving the incident. I did what I could. I would come in and sit with her. I would try to talk to her and soothe her. I would pray with her, and that was the only thing that seemed to calm her down."

Elizabeth smiled. The older nurse understood her friend. Her faith was important to her. Her praying would have had a calming effect.

Elizabeth frowned. She really didn't want to ask the next question. Just as she was about to ask the head of security for their wrestling company entered the room. Looking at him, you would never think of him as a security person. He was a little on the heavy side, was snaggle-toothed where teeth had been knocked out in matches and fights, he also seemed to have a perpetual smile on his face. Dougal Mactavish was anathema of what you would think of security. But he had a sharp mind and a way of getting into peoples heads and understanding how they think.  

"Ahh Dougal, I was just about to talk to Jenna about that night."

He looked down at the young woman lying in the hospital bed. She was very close to his heart. When she had come to work for them, she had reminded him of his own daughter, whom he didn't get to see very often. He smiled gently down at her and asked the question that everyone was holding their breath to hear. 

"Jenna, do you remember anything about the attack? Anything at all?"

Jenna frowned as she tried to remember. All she got for her trouble was a fiercely raging headache.

"I'm sorry, Dougal," She replied with even more tears, "I can't remember anything after arriving at the venue where we were working. The next memory I have is pain. Intense pain. Everywhere."

Elizabeth could see her patient was becoming very agitated and that was not good for her mental state, so she put an end to the questions.

Suddenly, out of the blue, the biggest man in the room spoke up. "Jenna, honey, the bastard that did this to you is still out there somewhere and I don't trust these hospital security guards to keep you safe. Let me, let us, The McGregors, Dougal and I, put you in a private hospital that has the extra security that you need right now." 

It wasn't a question, and they both knew it. As far back as Jenna could remember Eric had just rode roughshod over everyone. Especially when he thought he was in the right or it was to take care of someone he cared about.

"When?" She whispered in a raspy voice to everyone involved.

They looked at each other before the big man spoke. "As soon as Elizabeth can arrange your transfer and Dougal can check out their security. Would that be okay?"

Surprised that he was giving her a choice, her head snapped around to where he was standing at the foot of her bed, making her wince. "You mean I actually have a choice?" She replied sarcastically as best she could. Her throat hurt and she was thirsty.

"Ahh Sweetpea, I just want to you to be safe and comfortable.So, of course, you have a choice.  You can't heal completely if yo are constantly looking over your shoulder." Jenna felt hot tears pour out of her eyes again. She whispered, "You haven't called me that since I was in middle school."

Calls made, people hired, an ambulance procured. She would be moved the following day. Looking over at the elderly nurse that she seemed to have bonded with, she said, "I'm gonna miss you. I wish you were going with me." Jenna struggled to get any words out at all. Her throat was still swollen and her vocal cords sore.

"Oh my dear, I'm going with you. You have quickly garnered a place deep in my heart. I'm Beatrice. Bea for short. " The nurse said as she gently smiled down at her favorite patient.

Jenna lay back and closed her eyes, exhausted for just waking up and being examined. She felt Elizabeth's small hand pat hers and heard her say, "Rest sweetie. You have a long road ahead of you."

Eric turned after making sure that Jenna was asleep and looked at the people gathered in his friends room. "No one says anything. Do all of you understand. She may never remember, but even if she doesn't, she will still have to be told. Let it come from me." Each person gathered there nodded. The idea of sexual assault was not a fun one. So how do you tell someone that doesn't even remember, that they were almost a victim of it.