6

Eric sat and watched Jenna sleep. If he listened closely he could hear Dougal talking to his guests. He knew that soon enough Dougal would want to talk to him. He wasn't looking forward to the background check that he had compiled on Jenna. There were some gaps in his time spent with her and her brother. It was these gaps that worried him.

Jenna's time away at college, for example. When she had left for college, she had been a young and carefree girl. What she returned was a quiet and self-contained mature female. He had secretly mourned that girl. Eric missed her quick smile and her joyous laugh. The difference between the two women, though they were one and the same, was astounding. Eric jerked upright in his chair. Her college days! Something had happened! He would bet on it! Getting up, he quietly left the room to go speak to Dougal.

Sure enough, everyone was in the kitchen where they were preparing dinner. Well, Angus was preparing dinner. Elizabeth was not a good cook and he knew that Daniel could, but was often not interested enough to make an effort. Surprisingly, he and Dougal were chopping vegetables at the island counter while Angus was searing what appeared to be pork chops.

"Her time at college!" Eric blurted out when he entered the kitchen. Everyone looked up as he said this.

Dougal nodded his head and put down his knife. Walking across the room to where he had left his briefcase in a chair at the kitchen table. Reaching in he pulled out a somewhat thick manila folder. Handing it to Eric, Dougal spoke, "You might not like what you read. I had to call in some big favors to get this information. It's not bedtime reading, Eric. Make sure that you want to know precisely what is in this report. It's ugly and I know how much you care for Jenna, and I don't want the way you view her to change."

"Nothing would ever change how I feel about her. I'll read it later tonight." Turning to put the report in his room, he turned back to look at Dougal. "The security detail?"

"Be here tomorrow. I think I know who it is that we are fighting against. Sadly, so does Jenna. Don't push her, Eric. She needs to recognize the threat as soon as possible. Let me talk to her. I do want you to be present, however. You and Elizabeth both. You as...well, whatever you are, and Elizabeth as her doctor."

Eric nodded then turned and went to his room and placed the folder on his night table. Going through the connecting door, he entered Jenna's room. She was beginning to wake. He knew she would be sore and thirsty. Walking over to the bed, he sat on the edge of the mattress and took Jenna's hand in his much larger one. Looking at how much bigger had him thinking about the difference in both of their body sizes. While Jenna was not too petite, she wasn't really that tall. She was about 5'5. That meant that he had a foot and three inches on her. How would she react? Eric was pulled from his musings as he felt Jenna's body stiffen upon waken. 

Groaning, Jenna rolled onto her side, only to realize that someone was holding her hand. A very large someone. Looking up at Eric, she asked, "How long have I been out?"

He replied as softly as his deep rough voice would allow. "About five hours. Are you hungry or thirsty?"

"Oh yes. I'm starving, and thirsty. Why am I so sore, Eric? And why don't I remember your arrival." she asked as she began to sit up.

"Later. How about a shower and some dinner?" Before Eric could even finish his question, Jenna's stomach growled, loudly. Blushing a deep red, she tried to push him away so she could get out of bed.

"Not so fast, Sweetpea. You've been heavily sedated and you will need help to walk. I'll walk you into the bathroom. The shower has a shelf you can sit on while you bathe. I'll leave clean towels and a robe on the counter for you." Nodding, Jenna allowed Eric to help her to the bathroom. 

After thanking him and assuring him of her ability to fend for herself, Jenna approached the shower, which Eric had thoughtfully turned on and set the temperature for her. Walking in to the large shower, she sat down on the shelf and just enjoyed the feel of the water running over her sore body. After sitting there for a few minutes, she decided to wash. Standing up, she started with her hair and them used her favorite spicy vanilla scented body wash and soaped up her wash cloth. For some reason she felt so sticky. Like she had been sweating. Finishing up, she turned off the water and dried off. Wrapping her hair up and donned the robe. It swallowed her whole. Looking at herself in the mirror, she realized the robe was Eric's. Smiling at his kindness and generosity, she snuggled into the robe ad walked into her room, where Eric was still waiting.

"Oh. I didn't realize that you waited on me." She gasped.

"I didn't want you to be alone. You know, in case you were weak." Eric mumbled.

Jenna was struck again by his kindness. This massive man the world knew as "The Beast" was such a gentle man. At least with her he was. But she didn't trust what she thought about men. HE had changed that. HE had caused her to question her own judgment about a lot of things. Putting aside her bitter memories, Jenna walked Eric to the door to her room. "Wait out here. I want to put some clothes on.' She smiled as he nodded his head at her.

Jenna quickly chose a pair of leggings and a loose t-shirt. Bra and panties, then her clothes, next her feet went into her favorite flip flops. Walking to the door, she opened and let Eric back in. "Give me a minute please. I want to brush my hair."

After brushing her hair, Eric escorted her downstairs to the kitchen where everyone was waiting. Jenna saw all of the people gathered in the kitchen. Two men stood out. One she knew, the other she only recognized from his promos and his photos. She knew that Dougal  had been digging in her past and wasn't looking forward to discussing it with him. Thankfully, Elizabeth saved her. Standing up, she walked over to Jenna and finished escorting her to the table. 

"I'm so glad that you are feeling better. Now, I'm sure that you are starving. Have a seat and I'm positive that Eric will be more than happy to fix you a plate. Angus fixed pork chops and sauteed vegetables with some beautiful golden coastal rice. It seemed that there is cheesecake in the fridge, as well. So, dessert." Jenna was glad for of Elizabeth's gentle manner and friendly personality.

Looking across the table Jenna eyed the bearded man. He had dark eyes and dark hair. His beard was just as dark. While he was nowhere near Eric's height, the power of his physique was undeniable. She knew who he was, at least his name. Reaching across the table, Daniel offered her his hand and introduced himself.

Eric watching the two stare at each other, lost his appetite. He knew that look on Daniel's face. It was interest, pure and simple. Jenna was reacting to him the way most women initially react to Daniel. However, Jenna cut it off by ducking her head and fixing her eyes on the plate he had just placed in front of her. She, however, was not finished being the subject of conversation.

"Young lady. We need to talk." Jenna's eyes snapped up to look at the head of security for All-Star Wrestling.

]