3

This chapter is dedicated to Melmel2882 for her incredible support. Thank you and all of the others who left such wonerful encouraging comments.

"Where will you go, dear? The doctor hasn't cleared you to go back to work yet." Bea asked her young charge as she packed her bags, getting ready to leave.

"Eric has offered me his beach house for as long as I need it. Fortunately for me, there is also a stable there where he and his dad keep horses. Just the thing to keep me occupied. I'll read some, write some, maybe take care of the horses and get some rest while I finish healing and hope that they catch the guy who did this to me." Jenna looked around her hospital room. It didn't look like any hospital room she has ever been in. It looked like a private suite at a hotel or spa. It had three bedrooms, each with its en suite, A sitting room with a television, several video game consoles, a DVD player, a smart TV that you could watch literally anything that you wanted, whenever she wanted. There was even a small kitchen where her nurse Bea could help prepare her meals, in case she didn't want what the hospital was offering. Eric really had spared no expense. The hospital had grounds where the patients could walk around, jog, if able, or partake in light exercises outdoors. There was an exercise room with many weights and weight training machines and cardio equipment. There were even several massage therapists on staff for the use of the patients. There was a small bistro style restaurant, as well. She knew that Eric made good money as a professional wrestler, she just hadn't realized how much until she googled him. She had almost fallen out of her seat when she saw his income figures. His net worth from endorsements alone would have been enough for several family annual incomes.

They had both grow up in the same area. Both with middle class parents. Well, in she and her brother's case, a great aunt. Same opportunities. They even knew each other. He had been closer to her brother Ben than her. She was the annoying best friend's little sister. But, when the cancer had shortened Ben's live, he had extracted a promise from Eric to look out for her. Thus the job, the care, the private hospital, etc.

"Well, I'm going to see my grandchildren. I haven't seen them in almost a year and I can hardly wait." Bea's face was alive with excitement at the prospect. Jenna smiled at the elderly nurse and asked, "Do I need to settle your bill or will have arrangements been made yet?"

"Oh, don't you worry about me, young lady. That huge friends of yours took very good care of me financially. I would have done it for nothing because you are such a sweet girl, but he insisted." Bea replied.

"Yes, Eric can be quite persuasive when he wants to be. Other times, he just runs over you to get his way. That's why I am so surprised that he even gave me a choice about the beach house, versus my condo." Jenna said as she continued to pack.

"I gave you a choice because I knew that you would pick the right one. You know as well as I do that the cops can't protect you, and Dougal said that you refused a security detail. Jenna, that maniac is still on the loose. No one knows who he is or why he targeted you, or even how he got in." Eric placed his hands on Jenna's shoulders gently, mindful of the still tender and healing dislocated shoulder.

"Well dearie, I do believe that my son is downstairs waiting for me. I want to thank you for letting this old woman take care of you. You are stubborn, but so precious. You are going to be fine, Jenna. You're a strong young lady, and you have what it takes to survive the ugly that the world tries to throw at us on a daily basis without knuckling under. Good luck to you, dear." Turning to Eric, she stared all the way up into his intense eyes.

"And you sir, I may be old, but I am not blind. Do something about it before it's too late." With a curt nod in Eric's direction and sweet smile to Jenna, Bea left to go join her family.

"Eric what was that all about?" she asked, confused.

"Later. It's time to get you out of here. Dougal is letting us use one of the company jets to fly you to my place. We can land at the community airport close by, then we can stop in town, grab a bite then grab you some groceries for the next few days. Sound good?" At Jenna's nod, Eric once again placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. This time turning her and leading her out of the room to exit the hospital.

Later, once they were on the jet and had taken off, Jenna went to wash her face. She still had trouble looking at herself in the mirror. It wasn't that she was ugly. Just the opposite. The plastic surgeon that had replace her shattered cheekbone with an implant had done things that she had not thought of ever doing to her face. He had shaved down her widish nose, lifted her eyes and gotten rid of the hereditary bags under them. She now had almond shaped "cat-eyes," that gave her an slightly exotic and mysterious air. She didn't mind. At least she thought she didn't. But the young woman staring back at her was not the face she knew. It wasn't the face that she had grown used to seeing in the mirror everyday. How long it would take her, she had no idea. But for now, she was safe and healing. Well, her body anyway. Her mind was another matter. The nightmares were getting more frequent. She could see the attack in her dreams. She could see the guy hitting her. In the dreams he kept calling her by someone else's name every time he would hit her, saying that she was going to pay for what she had done. But for some strange reason, she couldn't see her attacker. She would always wake up before she stared up into his face.

 "Jenna? Are you okay? You've been in there a while and we're about to land. Come on out, Sweetpea and have a seat. We need to get your seat belt on you before we go into the landing pattern." Eric would not move until she came out. She knew this. So she quickly finished washing her hands and face, dried them and exited the washroom.

"I'm sorry, Eric. It's just that I saw my reflection and I still have trouble recognizing myself." Jenna told him with a blush.

"I know, Sweetpea, but it doesn't change who you are inside. You are still the same sweet, gentle, loving, caring person you have always been. Now, strap yourself in, we're landing in less than five."