12

Eric was so angry. As he picked up a chair and threw it across his dressing room, he acknowledged the fact that Jenna was pregnant was his fault. If he hadn't have ran and left her vulnerable, Daniel would not have been able to move in on her.

"Eric! Please stop! You have to listen to what I'm trying to tell you!" Jenna yelled at him from his dressing room door.

Eric turned to see a devastated looking Jenna, with tears streaming down her face. Behind her was Angus and Dougal.

"What?!" Eric shouted at them. 

Angus crossed his arms over his massive chest and said, "We're here to make sure that you behave yourself. And that you not destroy what's left of the trust she has in you."

Angus and Dougal came into his dressing room and shut the door. Effectively cutting out the audience that had gathered. Dougal spoke up first.

"Now, you are going to stand there and shut your mouth and listen to everything that Jenna has to say. Because if you don't, you won't wrestle tonight or any other time. Because I will declare you a security risk. We already have one maniac on our hands. We don't need another."

Eric nodded and straightened up and sat a chair upright for Jenna to sit down in. Jenna sat down and Eric squatted in front of her and grabbed her hands in his. 

"I'm listening now. I'm sorry I've been such a knucklehead. I left you and left the field wide open for him to move in on you. I left you vulnerable. I hurt you. I broke your heart."

Jenna was still crying, but now she was listening intently. She knew Eric. She had known him for years and knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he meant every word he was saying. He never said things he didn't mean.

"You have already figured out that I'm pregnant. What you haven't figured out is that 1) I'm pregnant with twins and am a bit bigger than other women at three months, and 2)the twins are yours." Jenna watched that sink in as Eric's mouth fell open and wheel's start turning.

"So you're telling me that......."Eric swallowed against the sudden dryness in his throat.

"Yes. My cycle was in it's fertile period. I realized the next morning. I was so excited. You had given me everything that I had waited years for. I thought you cared about me. But, I didn't know that you loved me. I merely suspected. When Daniel came to wake me up, he was so angry and grim looking. I knew something was wrong. I didn't know how wrong until I was in the kitchen."

Eric picked up Jenna and hugged her as hard as he dared. Then he swung her around in a circle, laughing. Setting her on her feet, he took her face in his hands and kissed her, deeply. That is until she started gagging. 

Letting her go, Jenna rushed to the small bathroom attached and threw up. Eric stood and watched in terror.

"It's perfectly normal for pregnant women to throw up when they are shook up." Dougal said from behind him. He handed Eric a towel.

"What am I supposed to do with this?" Eric asked.

"Wet it and help he wash her face and neck with it." Angus said in soft disgust.

Jenna laughed softly as she took the damp towel  and wiped her face and neck. Looking up at Eric, she asked, "Do you by chance have a spare toothbrush and some mouthwash. My mouth feels like a trash can might taste. Yuck!" 

Without saying a word, Eric reached into his bag and handed her the things she asked for. And then just to show her that he didn't care, he leaned in and kissed her again.

A knock on the door had them all turning. Angus opened the door and no one was surprised that it was Daniel. 

"Are you ok, Jenna?" 

"I love you, Daniel. I love that you care so much about me and the babies. But, before Eric can get mad, I should probably tell you that I heartily approve of you and Shaina. I think you two will be so happy. I was glad that I could introduce you two." Jenna said, smiling.

"Wait! What? You and Shaina?" Eric asked in astonishment.

"Yeah. We've been dating quietly for two months now." Daniel replied.

"So, you have publicly been Jenna's "lover?" To protect her. So she would always have someone with her." Daniel nodded.

"Eric, Daniel was the one who made me tell you parents about the babies. I didn't want to tel them. He argued with me that they deserved to know. It was their grandchild. At the time we didn't know that it would be twins." Jenna explained.

Eric was stunned. "My parents knew? This whole time? My parents new and never said a word? Why?"

"They wanted you to be ready to come back on your own. To accept that what we had was real and would never stop." 

"And she's crying again. Dougal, .... what do I do? She's crying again!" Eric's eyes were wide and he had a panicked look on his face.

Angus and Dougal laughed. "Pregnancy hormone, son. You'll have alot of that. When my wife was pregnant with our daughter, she cried at the drop of a hat. You are in for a treat. Now, I do believe that you and Daniel have a match."

Just then the door burst open and Tim  stood there. His face enraged. 

"You're pregnant! And are with two men and in the presence of four! I told you......" Without hesitating he pulled out a gun and aimed it at Jenna. "You're tainted. You can't,.... you can't...."

Whatever he was going to say was stopped as he raised the revolver. As he pointed it at Jenna and pulled back the hammer, chaos broke out in the dressing room. A shot sounded out as Tim pulled the trigger. 

A scream.

Blood.

They watched as one of them fell to the ground as security rushed in to grab Jenna's stalker.